server module terminate

festr

Hi

I cannot figure out how to trigger terminate function (TerminateAccount) if I delete a product within admin area (delete from some client). Is that supposed to work or the terminate function is not executed on this action?

Which module are you using? Just deleting a product itself from WHMCS would not terminate it on the server, just, it'll delete from WHMCS. In future hit the 'Terminate' button in the products area of WHMCS before deleting it.

If you want to terminate the account now you would need to login to WHM (assuming you're running cPanel but if not, the equal to WHM) and go to 'Terminate an Account'.

I have coded my own module. It would be nice if whmcs can trigger server module terminate function when deleting it in whmcs area so accounts will not leave accounts on server. lets say that I need to terminate multiple accounts - I have to click on terminate button one by one and then delete it.

I have coded my own module. It would be nice if whmcs can trigger server module terminate function when deleting it in whmcs area so accounts will not leave accounts on server. lets say that I need to terminate multiple accounts - I have to click on terminate button one by one and then delete it.

Think you will need an extension/hook added as deleting products from WHMCS does work as it is designed to and that is just deleting the records from WHMCS, not the server itself.

Edited by Alex - Arvixe

You could write a hook, that would run right before the service (client product) is deleted:

http://docs.whmcs.com/Hooks:ServiceDelete

Within the hook, just have it make an API call to Terminate the service:

http://docs.whmcs.com/API:Module_Terminate

This should execute a terminate, before deleting the service. If you only want this to happen for a specific module, you would have to put logic in your hook to only run the terminate, if the service is using the specific module. Otherwise, this will run for every server provisioning module you have.

• 2 weeks later...