adamjedgar Posted July 16, 2014 Share Posted July 16, 2014 I followed the installation video tutorial, and now I my whmcs installation is in its own directory instead of public_html. When I enter my URL I am taken to the directory listing of my server public html instead of WHMCS home page. I tried to move the files up one level and reissue the license, however it wont work that way because license directory wont reset on WHMCS server (its stuck on the original install directory which is wrong) I am thinking perhaps I should just write a .htaccess redirect but am really not sure what I should write for the redirect. 0 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
durangod Posted July 16, 2014 Share Posted July 16, 2014 I have never had to do this but i think here is what you can do... uninstall it all. get back to before you even installed it including deleting everything out of the db, if you have just now installed it then you should not have lost anything. keep the db name if you want but just zap all the table contents, then zap all the tables. it should be a bare bones, nothing in there table. then reinstall correctly then log into your whmcs account here at whmcs.com and go to license and reissue the license. i think that will work.. - - - Updated - - - also i would keep a copy of your config file, but just make a new one with the new install, that way you know its all fresh.. use that old one as a reference only - - - Updated - - - one more thing sorry, remember any time you read instructions and it says whmcs/ or whmcs directory they are talking about where you have it installed for example whmcs can be public_html or whmcs can be a sub dir. i have mine in /billing so when i see whmcs dir in instructions i know it means my billing dir.. if you are going to put it in your public_html then when you see whmcs dir in instructions it means your public_html in other words you dont have to call it whmcs, you can call it anything you want, i named mine billing, but you can call yours prettyrosepeddles if you want lol.... hope that helps 0 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
adamjedgar Posted July 16, 2014 Author Share Posted July 16, 2014 got it sorted. thanks. 0 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.