Domain lookups not working correctly

tbenoit

This is a fresh install of WHMCS (v3.3).

I have .com, .net and .org TLDs setup and their whois server information is populated. I also have the ENOM module enabled and configured.

In WHMCS Admin, if I go to "Clients" -> "View Domains" and click on one of our domains, the page takes a while to come back (I assum eit's communicating with ENOM) and it does show the Registration, Expiry and Next Due Dates, along with the Nameservers and Registrar Lock settings, all of which are correct for this domain.

When I start the order process to buy the same domain (as such, it should not be available), the lookup process says "Available! Order Now" and has a check box for me to buy it. I tried another one of our domains, and we're getting the same thing.

I then tried "microsoft.com" and WHMCS comes back with "Unavailable". Straight away I try our domain name again and this time WHMCS also comes back as "Unavailable". I then try a domain that definitely doesn't exist (I simply banged on the keyboard and got "hiacasdfsdfds.com") and WHMCS says it is "Available! Order Now". I then immediately try our domain name again and WHMCS says "Available! Order Now".

A quick rundown of the testing performed:

ourdomain.com: Available

ourdomain2.com: Available

microsoft.com: Unavailable

ourdomain.com Unavailable

hiacasdfsdfds.com: Available

ourdomain.com: Available

Any help is appreciated.

it sounds like whomever you are using to do the whois lookups is blocking your subsequent requets as a potential abuse

Thanks for the reply, but I'm using the default WHOIS servers in WHMCS. Nothing special/custom there :)

I just tried again and it seems to be working as expected (no changes made on my part...just time gone by). We'll see how it plays out.

it sounds like whomever you are using to do the whois lookups is blocking your subsequent requets as a potential abuse

Thanks for the reply, but I'm using the default WHOIS servers in WHMCS. Nothing special/custom there

Default or not, nothing to stop them blocking/ignoring requests if they're busy or see too many conections from the same IPs :D