Domain registration - default selection 1 year --> 3 years ?

ahcute

I think it defaults to the minimum registration period that you've entered pricing for in that TLD - which for most TLDs will be one year...

you could remove your pricing for 1&2 years for this TLD(s), and then it should default to 3 years... alternatively, you could probably do it my modifying your order form template(s) - exactly how would depend on which order form template you're using.

it may even be possible to add the number of registration years in a link to the cart... though i've never tried it..

Its quite easy just edit your domainchecker.tpl

you will have a section something like:

select name="domainsregperiod[{$result.domain}]">{foreach key=period item=regoption from=$result.regoptions}<option value="> {$period} {$LANG.orderyears} @ {$regoption.register}</option>{/foreach}</select>

change it to:

select name="domainsregperiod[{$result.domain}]">{foreach key=period item=regoption from=$result.regoptions}<option value="{$period}" {if $period eq "3"} selected{/if}>{$period} {$LANG.orderyears} @ {$regoption.register}</option>{/foreach}</select>

the addition is: {if $period eq "3"} selected{/if} and you can change the "3" to a number of choice

gives the results as seen: https://www.strongnet.co.uk/domainchecker.php

Edited by searley

Its quite easy just edit your domainchecker.tpl

lol - I wasn't even thinking about domainchecker, I was thinking of going via the register domain option in the cart... :roll:

but you're quite right, the above would probably be the simplest way to do it - though he might still need to modify domainoptions.tpl in the order form template if you wanted to do the same for those registering domains via the "Register Domain" option in the cart.