5.3.3 Cron Job Email Issue

rodeoXtreme

We upgraded to 5.3.3 yesterday and the Cron Job ran at midnight EST; however, our Admin's didn't receive the usual email report. During our investigation, the Activity Log shows that the Cron ran successfully; charged cards, created invoices, etc. However, no emails were sent to the client nor the admins.

We have been using Mail PHP for years and decided to test it via SMTP settings and again, no emails.

We have verified /var/log/cron that it ran, checked error logs and there is no errors. Has anyone had this issue or know where we can check. I have opened a Ticket a few hours ago but hope that someone would know a fix.

Cheers!

+ the customer also dont get a mail, when the cron creates a new one!!

- - - Updated - - -

this is my batch, which iam using now for 1 year!

REM Whmcs Automation Settings

E:\Programme\Php\php.exe -q E:\Www\Whmcs\admin\cron.php

REM Domain Sync Enabled

E:\Programme\Php\php.exe -q E:\Www\Whmcs\crons\domainsync.php

when i execute just E:\Programme\Php\php.exe -q E:\Www\Whmcs\admin\cron.php directly, it seams to work...

Finally! I discovered the problem was due to a Custom Invoice PDF module. Once I disabled it, I manually ran another CRON and IT Worked.

WOW - 6 hours of testing, searching and pulling out hair! But it's fixed.

Check out the Release Notes (all of the way at the bottom of the page) if you have any custom modules:

http://docs.whmcs.com/Version_5.3_Release_Notes

This is the information:

Release Notes

Important Changes to file locations

As part of a restructure of the WHMCS class layout, many of the third party classes used by WHMCS have now moved. Their previous and new locations are as follows:

/includes/classes/class.phpmailer.php --> /includes/classes/PHPMailer/

/includes/classes/class.smtp.php --> /includes/classes/PHPMailer/

/includes/classes/class.tcpdf.php --> /includes/classes/TCPDF/

/includes/fonts/*.* --> /includes/classes/TCPDF/fonts/*.*

/includes/smarty/*.* --> /includes/classes/Smarty/*.*

A comparison of the includes/classes/ directory between 5.2 and 5.3 is recommended to remove any relocated files.

doeas this also fix the problem with the cron job mails?

When the cron runs and tries to generate a pdfinvoice it will fail with the error so yes it should solve that .

this exact same scenario happened with the whmcs core file tcpdf.php onthe release of v4.2 and Mat then fixed the core file then.

obviously this was overlooked again.

with all of the bugs and problems over the last 12 months I have lost almost all faith in the whmcs product.