Check out my integration

aptohosting

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

I like the integration, although i do agree with the comments about the buttons! :lol:

Ill be honest, one thing i hate seing in websites is things out of alignment, the main boxes on the homepage seem to not be aligned to anything, and just placed there. I think it could look alot nice if you aligned your boxes (with your packages in) with each other, and aligned the left column with the start of your logo.

Perhaps also make the customer login match the the appearance of your live support box, for continuitys sake.

I know this might not sound descriptive, so i made a mockup screenshot of what i mean...

screenth.jpg

I think your site looks really good, just reckon that making everything "fit" a bit better can make it alot more attractive.

Great work though!

p.s i hope you dont find my comments offensive, i really am only making suggestions :D , but its good enough as it is!

Yes i agree with Tom and Carl i also like Carls intergration. I wanted to say the same but did not want to offend by saying it because some people put so much work into thier websites, And for some person to just come along and make it sound terrible can be quite hurtful. But yes i do like the screen and concept of the new or should i say updated version.

Well done Carl :D

Keep up the good work peeps looks great

Warmest Regards

Deano

ALERT:

I have tough skin, it is okay to tear apart the site. I want brutal constructive criticism about the layout, navigation, content, any SEO optimizations. So far the response has been awesome, I agree about the alignment and the buttons and I will be making those adjustments asap.

IF ANYONE ELSE HAS ANYTHING TO SAY ABOUT THE SITE, please please please say it, I WILL NOT BE OFFENDED :D

Thanks again!

doesn't the forums is about WHMCS showcase and not your main webpage?

:?

Good point chaloupe ;) which brings up the fact that the whmcs integration has no breadcrumb or navigation structure of any kind. (except when in the order system) A user would continuously need to click support in the main menu to return.

The main whmcs page looks to me to be odd framed out when other pages are not. The service status page, while showing load shows no indication that services are running.

The client login box doesn't appear to match anything else in the site. Also on the domain availability checker the box above with the features is oversized for the content you have placed there.

Sorry, I really don't like to critique things, but you said you had tough skin ;)

And on the plus side, your overall site look is nice.

Hi!

Navigation looks much better!

A little bit of a hover effect.. even just a different font color.. might not be a bad idea.

Also related, actually - the whole bar looks "clickable" (at least in FF), and users might not know which link they are clicking on, because there is nothing to really set one aside from the other. At least not when your resting your cursor somewhere in the middle. ;-)

But, the nav bar looks quite fine. Making just the words clickable, and with a color hover effect of some sort, would make the experience less confusing for customers while also adding a nice visual touch.

Neil

That logo has been on the site for over 8 months, and we got it from a Canadian hosting site with their permission. I can send you over the written documents if you would like.

Tom

Apto

Hey,

Please do. I created the file and even have it in the original .png format with a custom font I used.

From,

Adam

Aha, there is the issue. They just sent me .ps file, that seemed a bit sketchy. Luckily I only paid $25 for the logo, I will go ahead and take it down and replace it with something else. I checked your WHOIS and your site has been around longer than theirs, and I don't want to step on any toes.

It should be replaced soon.

Sorry for the confusion,

Tom

Apto

Something you should also consider is to change all of your image and css links to HTTPS not HTTP, this will get rid of that annoying "do you wish to display non secure items." message.

eg

your header is: http://www.aptohosting.com/templates/nu2/images/header.jpg

change to : https://www.aptohosting.com/templates/nu2/images/header.jpg

also in your code change your line

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="http://www.aptohosting.com/templates/nu2/style.css" />

to

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="https://www.aptohosting.com/templates/nu2/style.css" />

Anything really that still relates to HTTP change to HTTPS. it doesn't matter if you are on a non-secure page as this doesn't whine at you for having secure items on a page but it does the other way around.

Hope this was usefull! Sorry if it seems like I am telling you to suck eggs, I am a great beleiver that all help is appreciated.