Custom Out of Stock page

DMN31

Hello,

I was curious what file(s) would I go about customizing if I wanted to alter the Out of Stock page users get when they try purchasing a product that has no inventory left?

I want to add an email sign up option on that page that will notify users via email when we have units back in stock. Not sure if this is possible to be automated, of course it is manually.

Thanks!

I think that page is coded directly in cart.php, so there's no template to modify.

what you might be able to do is edit the two language variables, for english in lang/english.php, and perhaps add some html into them.

$_LANG['outofstock'] = "Out of Stock";

$_LANG['outofstockdescription'] = "We are currently out of stock on this item so orders for it have been suspended until more stock is available. For further information, please contact us.";

I think that page is coded directly in cart.php, so there's no template to modify.

what you might be able to do is edit the two language variables, for english in lang/english.php, and perhaps add some html into them.

I suppose that option is better then nothing, appreciate it :)

Was hoping there was a way to implement a field to submit an email for automatically (or manually) contacting when inventory was back but that can work for now.

Thanks!