How does WHMCS licensing works?

pauloray

Question

I am looking for cheaper WHMCS license and seems that I can only get this from VPS providers and Reseller Accounts.

Does a WHMCS license can only be used on a server where I purchased it?

Can I also add multiple Servers on WHMCS so that I can only use 1 WHMCS license for multiple VPS?

I found a Reseller Account and a VPS provider offering WHMCS for $9.95.

My options are:

1. Purchase a Reseller account that has free WHMCS and CPanel and setup clients.domain.com in this reseller account

2. Purchase WHMCS from a VPS provider and setup clients.domain.com which is hosted on a different server/VPS.

What do you think is a better option?

Thanks in advance

4 answers to this question

Purchase a owned license and you won't have a monthly bill and it will be paid off in no time, just the initial cost upfront is a little high but you can always try and purchase a used license, try http://www.webhostingtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=145 I purchased a license from someone who was wanting to sell their license!

You can only buy a license from WHMCS directly and host it whereever you like OR get a license from a reseller / VPS / Dedi provider and use it on their servers.

If you get a license from a hosting provider, you can host the WHMCS on their servers but add as many servers as you like (even external servers). For example, we give out free WHMCS licenses with our reseller packages, clients can add that reseller package into WHMCS but also a reseller account from another provider should they have one.

Edit: Woops, it seems this is a slightly old thread. Didn't notice that with the above reply :(