Free domains with Hosting Plans issue

sahostking

I'd like to know how anyone deals with this issue I thought of.

Lets say we give free domains with annual payments on hosting. Client gets an invoice for the following year but does not pay and the hosting automatically gets suspended.

Now I am aware they both with generate seperate invoices one for domain and the other for the hosting for the year.

Will the domain still be renewed if the client does not pay for his hosting plan?

Thanks

Hey,

In our case the invoice for the domain name and hosting is included in one invoice so if they do not pay the domain name will not automatically become suspended.

If they are indeed 2 separate invoices I would assume the domain would automatically renew as the domain would be set at $0.00 unless you have manually changed this.

Does anyone know of a solution around this please?

- - - Updated - - -

Nevermind found this:

http://docs.whmcs.com/Domains_Configuration#Offering_Free_Domain_Registration_with_Selected_Packages

As long as the payment method for the domain and the hosting account is the same, and the next due date is the same, when the time for the invoice to generate comes up (based on the settings in your Automation settings), WHMCS will invoice for the hosting and the domain on the same invoice. When this invoice is paid, WHMCS will (if your settings allow in General Settings > Domains) automatically renew your clients domain for a further period. The hosting account and domains next due date will automatically change to the next period.