Purchase Process?

DMR

Question

Hi,

What is the process of purchasing and using WHMCS?

Lets say I've just went ahead and purchased the monthly none branded license.. What is the process?

What tools are available? Do I have to have a website to allow users to purchase hosting? Are there website templates I can use?

Please explain the whole process from purchasing to it being completed and linked to WHM.

Thanks

5 answers to this question

Okay, so all of this has to be embedded onto a ready made website, rather than WHMCS providing a "ready made" website shall we call it?

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, lets say I have 15 clients already in my WHM, and I install WHMCS, will those clients I already have automatically be linked to WHMCS?

and, when I install WHMCS, can I still modify packages, user accounts, etc.. on within the WHM and still link/update WHMCS?

In other words, if I update from either location, will they link and update on both sides?

Okay, lets say I have 15 clients already in my WHM, and I install WHMCS, will those clients I already have automatically be linked to WHMCS?

No, you would have to manually add them and their billing info!

- - - Updated - - -

Do I have to have a website to allow users to purchase hosting?

Yes you would need a domain to install WHMCS on, and allow your clients to access their accounts within the billing system.

Are there website templates I can use?

There are some free templates floating around on the internet, a quick goole search would find them. There are also lots of paid templates you can also purchase.

You can see my website at http://www.myevolutionhost.com I have a template that is fully integrated into WHMCS.

- - - Updated - - -

You create packages in WHM, and basically link WHMCS to that package, so WHMCS knows when that package/plan is purchased by one of your clients, WHM will automatically create that clients account and activate it, WHMCS can be (if you set it up this way) to be fully automated, so you dont have to run to your computer and manually create the clients account in WHM.

and, when I install WHMCS, can I still modify packages, user accounts, etc.. on within the WHM and still link/update WHMCS?

In other words, if I update from either location, will they link and update on both sides?

As above you would need to update it if you change within WHM though all the functions you do within WHMCS will automatically apply to WHM (Suspending etc...).