fake account creation

madpato

Hello

I have whmcs 5.2.10 and in the past 2 days i got new accounts being created (probably a script or similar)

Thing is that this ALSO creates a cpanel account with a subdomain of my domain.

I asked to support a way to put a captcha on my cart but they said that option is not available since captcha is only for domainchecker.php, register.php and submitticket.php. I am using ajaxcart and i see no captcha on the registration part at least.

I had to put Maintenance Mode to stop this from happening. Currently i dont know of a way to stop this.

Any ideas are very appreciated. Thanks.

Hello,

It sounds like a configuration issue. Do you have the cPanel module setup to create the account as soon as the order is placed, or when the payment is received? Also, do you have "offline" payment methods enabled?

Yes i have it as soon as the order is placed. And i do have an offline payment method. I know this is not the best aproach but it has been working for quite some time, we have customer who cant make online payments so this is a must.

Everything could be solved with a captcha i believe.

Thanks

Hello,

While the captcha cannot be implemented on pages other than the designated (at least not by WHMCS interface management), I would recommend to not allow creation of accounts unless payment is received. This allows you to accept orders from clients that are requiring offline payment methods.

The current configuration, would have allowed anyone to create an account without payment regardless of the version.

Hello,

While the captcha cannot be implemented on pages other than the designated (at least not by WHMCS interface management), I would recommend to not allow creation of accounts unless payment is received. This allows you to accept orders from clients that are requiring offline payment methods.

The current configuration, would have allowed anyone to create an account without payment regardless of the version.

Hello

I agree on that one i will change to that, still how am i going to prevent the user account creation on whmcs?