License key is invalid

chba

Your license key 1 is invalid. Possible reasons for this include:

The license key has been entered incorrectly

The domain being used to access your install has changed

The IP address your install is located on has changed

The directory you are using has changed

I just woke up this morning and I was going to check some tickets, and this above message is showing.

License key is correct, domain, IP address and directory didn't change.

I have no idea why did this start happening, does anyone have any solution?

It's worth noting that the 5.2.8 vulnerability POC (proof of concept) script contains a function to break your WHMCS license. I probably wouldn't get away with posting it here, and my python's a little rusty, but this may well indicate your installation has been compromised. Treat it as such until you know otherwise.

Exact same thing happened to me today. Your installation was likely hacked and code was inserted into the configuration.php file. I would manually check it with a file editor, because just changing the key will likely not remove the exploited code from the configuration.php file. Definitely treat it as compromised.

We've been getting several tickets with the same issue, we're finding in almost all cases the clients WHMCS has been compromised.

Check your configuration.php file for any API access keys or malicous coding etc...

Make sure to reset all of your clients passwords as well as the admins, you should consider your installation compromised.