Problems using Mail Type: SMTP with Google Apps/Gmail for your domain?

somecows

hi there,

under general settings -> mail i used to use PHP Mail, but was having some messages to clients get rejected as spam, so wanted to try using SMTP instead.

I entered all the relevant info for the email address i want to use which is mail@domain.com. i believe everything is working fine, in the sense that i am able to send test messages to clients and they get through, invoices get delivered, etc.

however, i have discovered that this change had caused a problem in my support ticket system. for support tickets, i use the address support@domain.com. this is all set up in the support -> support departments section. it used to work fine, but since the change, when clients open support tickets, or when i reply to support tickets, the messages get sent to clients from mail@domain.com instead of from support@domain.com. this is not how i want it to work, but more importantly, it has broken the piping system, since messages are not being generated from the proper support department address.

my email is hosted my gmail / google apps / gmail for your domain.

i contacted whmcs support about this and they said it sounded like gmail was not allowing me to send messages from more than one address. however, i know i have these two addresses set up via gmail and i can able to login and send via both of them with no problem.

wondering if anyone out there has experienced this.

thank you