Subdomain feild on order form

mediadave

I would like to add a custom field on my order form for a subdomain. I can easily add the field under "Custom Fields" for the product.

However is there a way I can make it so if someone has already chosen the name it will inform them the name has already been chosen? I'm going to manually register the subdomain myself and I would just need the field to check and see if anyone else currently has that name in WHMCS.

I have already tried the "Subdomain Options" here: http://docs.whmcs.com/Products_and_Services#Other and this does not do what I am looking for.

• 2 weeks later...

there are probably a couple of ways to do this, but the one without coding or making template modification would be to use the following line in the regex validation of your custom field.

/^(?i)(?!.*\bdog\b)(?!.*\bcat\b).*$/

this will check the info entered into the custom field against either "dog" or "cat" - if it matches (case ignored), it displays the error below... if it doesn't match, the field is accepted... while 'dog' would be invalid, 'dogs' would be fine.

*custom field* value is not valid

"value is not valid" can be edited in the language files.

obviously, as you manually setup a valid subdomain order, you should add the subdomain to the above validation code too.

Edited by brian!