Site Builder

nop

That does look nice. How hard was it to incorporate it into WHMCS code so clients would have access to it?

I've been using sitemagix.com for my clients for several months. Works well for our purposes. They offer either per user or per server licenses on a one-time basis, and also a monthly lease for servers, if you prefer. Plus they have a 30 day free trial.

No connection -- just a happy user.

Bill

Inside the Sitemagix administrator panel, you specify which hosting packages get the sitebuilder automatically. (You can always manually grant it.) It looks at the hosting packages by the names you have assigned in your hosting control panel.

So if WHM/CPANEL package "silver" gets a sitebuilder with x pages allowed but no access to php, for example, and "gold" gets unlimited pages and full access to php, then when an account is set up using WHMCS, and it is assigned one of those packages, then the user automatically gets the sitebuilder. You can set default so that every account gets access if you want.

Pretty seamless in WHM/CPANEL. (It does others, but I have no experience with the other control panels.) A cron job checks for new accounts every 5 minutes (as I have mine configured) so a new hosting account gets the sitebuilder right away. They support WHM reseller accounts, so your resellers might offer different services, if you license the whole server and decide to let your resellers offer the sitebuilder.

It also has an optional icon/launcher to go into the users' cpanel screens, but I don't use that either.

So does that mean you are using DI's web hosting service? You have .org and .info as $2.00 Is that correct?

DI has a Website Builder. I send my inexperienced customers to my DI account to signup for that product.

I see. FYI - if I click on Register Domain the $2.00 price is listed on the right side column.

I have a few customers that have chosen hosting on those servers. Most of my customers are on other cPanel servers.

Those prices must have been from an old cache.

• 2 weeks later...
I've been using sitemagix.com/ for my clients for several months. Works well for our purposes. They offer either per user or per server licenses on a one-time basis, and also a monthly lease for servers, if you prefer. Plus they have a 30 day free trial.

No connection -- just a happy user.

Bill

Very nice Bill, It looks like what we have been looking for.

Bee

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

DW is good for getting all of the div's lined up the way that you want. But you should actually learn to code free hand (pico, vi, notepad, etc...) That is the ultimate control.

I think that what we are mainly discussing here is a solution to offer hosting customers to help pull them in... (just my oppinion)

I saw two choices here, and both were decent. My question though, is this:

I am a reseller for DI. How do I incorporate the resold services (site builder, ssl, etc.) into WHMCS? I heard something about adding it in to CPANEL/WHM, where do you do that? Or was that for sitemagix?

Thanks all for your posts/replies. Very helpful.

I also looked at RVSiteBuilder.

Question though, is this built right in to Cpanel as a service? If so how do I go about doing that. Basically I want something that is going to be automated, either by allowing everyone access or being able to have certain plans. Are both of these options available with RVSiteBuilder? If so, can you tell me how to incorporate it in to cpanel / whmcs?

Thanks.

You know what would be nice?

Having a sitebuilder demo on your page so that a user can try it and build a webpage... Then at the last step, the user can chose to keep his work and gets redirected to chose a hosting plan with whmcs.. And when the user creates an account and pay, the site he created in the demo, would be there !

Maybe this option exists already.. But it would be cool :P