How can our reseller use WHMCS ?

IceF

Question

Hi,

I'm interested if our own resellers ( web hosting space) can use WHMCS for their own billing ?

E.g. We have a web server with few of our own clients that only use hosting. Also we have 3 resellers on our server that have their own clients.

If we buy WHMCS, can it be used by resellers to or it can be used only by us to manage our "hosting" clients and resellers ?

What will happen with domains that belong to resellers ? E.g. if we use import from WHM/cPanel. Since those clients should make payments to their reseller and not us.

Don't know if I explained clearly but if needed I can try again.

Thank you.

6 answers to this question

Hi,

I'm interested if our own resellers ( web hosting space) can use WHMCS for their own billing ?

E.g. We have a web server with few of our own clients that only use hosting. Also we have 3 resellers on our server that have their own clients.

If we buy WHMCS, can it be used by resellers to or it can be used only by us to manage our "hosting" clients and resellers ?

What will happen with domains that belong to resellers ? E.g. if we use import from WHM/cPanel. Since those clients should make payments to their reseller and not us.

Don't know if I explained clearly but if needed I can try again.

Thank you.

to offer WHMCS to your clients and resellers you would need to join the WHMCS reseller program at http://www.whmcs.com/resellers/ as if you purchase a licence then you can only use this on your own domain for your own use.

Your own resellers can't use the WHMCS installation you are using. They would need to either purchase their own license directory at whmcs.com or you can provide them with a free (or discounted) license via the WHMCS reseller program (http://www.whmcs.com/resellers).

For each hosting account you or one of your resellers create you will see an "owner" section listed in WHM. So when you import from cPanel / WHM you will get an account list and you will see the accounts you own & the accounts owned by your resellers. Be sure to select only your clients & not theirs and continue with the import.

Thank you! Seems interesting and right what I need. Will have a look :)

Your own resellers can't use the WHMCS installation you are using. They would need to either purchase their own license directory at whmcs.com or you can provide them with a free (or discounted) license via the WHMCS reseller program (http://www.whmcs.com/resellers).

For each hosting account you or one of your resellers create you will see an "owner" section listed in WHM. So when you import from cPanel / WHM you will get an account list and you will see the accounts you own & the accounts owned by your resellers. Be sure to select only your clients & not theirs and continue with the import.

Regarding import. What happens if I use import now and after some time I get few more account transfers through WHM. Can I use import again and only import those new accounts or it will import and overwrite all already imported accounts too ?

Thank you! Seems interesting and right what I need. Will have a look :)

Regarding import. What happens if I use import now and after some time I get few more account transfers through WHM. Can I use import again and only import those new accounts or it will import and overwrite all already imported accounts too ?

When you use the import tool you will be able to select individual accounts - so just check the new accounts and leave the existing ones blank.