Problem logging in to admin or client page.

awi

We recently ran into this issue yesterday morning, where anytime you attempt to login we get a webpage that says unable to load the webpage because the server sent no data. Error code: ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE. We haven't changed any of the files or anything on the SQL database. We also contacted godaddy.com who is hosting our site, and they verified that the connection is good. In a final attempt to remedy the issue, I upgraded to 5.2.6, and still no dice. If it wasn't reaching the SQL database, we wouldn't even be able to pull up the login page. So I was hoping any of you had any ideas, or experienced this. Thanks!

You are on godaddy hosting, and for what ever reason they are having issues with any script not able to login. Specifically it fails to login if it is an HTML post to an ioncube encoded file. Contact godaddy and have them fix it.

This is any script, not just whmcs. I have had 6 clients contact me for my own personal script that I sell. None of them can login either and it is the same as whmcs (html POST to an ioncube encoded file). From what some of my clients are telling me is that godaddy is aware of this and are working to get it resolved. But I recommend anyone on godaddy to contact them or chances are they will just not do anything about it.

Unfortunately godaddy has been less than helpful so far, telling most of my clients that it is a 'script' issue and telling them to contact the developers.

Godaddy did something within the past couple days to where no one can log in (html post to an ioncube encoded file). You people on godaddy will have to continue to be persistent and don't take "no" or "everything is fine here" for an answer.

Unfortunately godaddy has been less than helpful so far, telling most of my clients that it is a 'script' issue and telling them to contact the developers.

Godaddy did something within the past couple days to where no one can log in (html post to an ioncube encoded file). You people on godaddy will have to continue to be persistent and don't take "no" or "everything is fine here" for an answer.

I'm very interested in this. Please keep me informed.

Also, I'm attempting to perform my own investigation, however without a server of theirs, it's becoming difficult.

Which server have you guys ordered?

-> I'll purchase one and see if I can't dig in further.

This is all speculation based on all my testing. I suspect all the issues come down to a security thing godaddy put in place to prevent HTML posting to an encoded files. I can understand the idea but it is a flawed idea. I think the reason they came up with that idea is because a lot of hackers use base64 encoded files for their hacking tools (shell scripts, etc..). So to prevent hackers from using those tools they stopped HTML posting to encoded files. In that process they completely forgot about legit encoded files (ioncube, zend, etc..) that normal users are using in the scripts they purchased.

When submitting a HTML POST (username password, or just any thing being posted for that matter) to an encoded file the connection is dropped/reset. I even made the simplest of a test to post a text box to two different files which echo the post. One is encoded and the other is not. The non-encoded will post the results and echo the text input, the encoded one drops connection.

Edited by Wehostem1

OK, just had a very adamant conversation with Go Daddy and with the words of our friend (Wehostem1 ) I basically dictated verbatim, they now recognize this as their problem and have someone working on it to get it straight... so, basically its a waiting game... so be patient... I'm not holding my breath but wishing us all luck... Thank you very much guys for sharing your input... great job...

OK, just had a very adamant conversation with Go Daddy and with the words of our friend (Wehostem1 ) I basically dictated verbatim, they now recognize this as their problem and have someone working on it to get it straight... so, basically its a waiting game... so be patient... I'm not holding my breath but wishing us all luck... Thank you very much guys for sharing your input... great job...

Do you have any more information?

Nothing more than "they are aware and are working on it" but I'm a pretty big customer over there and a reseller 5 times with resellers under me, so they listen for the most part and take me serious... so I'm hoping this gets resolved quick.. lol of course it does usually take the 4th or 5th call to get me riled up and start making crazy comments to them, the guys here just gave me the right ammunition to take to them... and it worked... again... Thanks guys..