Payment Terms For Free Domain

urljet

It seems that giving away a free domain with hosting is becoming the general rule. I'm curious though if most companies make you pre-pay for one year or just by signing up do you get one.

I also noticed a place in WHMC where you can select to use your contact info for domain registrations or the clients. What is the industry standard?

Cheers!

It seems that giving away a free domain with hosting is becoming the general rule. I'm curious though if most companies make you pre-pay for one year or just by signing up do you get one.

There's often a catch -like transferring the domain away costs alot of money etc - a case of registrants should read the small-print not focus on the flashing banner :D

I also noticed a place in WHMC where you can select to use your contact info for domain registrations or the clients. What is the industry standard?

Best Practice is to *ALWAYS* register the domain in the clients name - after all its *their* domain :P

Decisions on billing/tech/admin info depend on your policies - until WHMCS supports separating domain contacts into being able to say have you as biling, contact-a as admin, main contact as client, I'd suggest you use the setting to put your company as the admin/billing/tech contacts.