Help with setting up products please

IRoo

Hi everyone

My setup has been going slow but OK, but I came to a grinding halt today trying to wrap my head around how to set up hosting product groups (I will have an issue with domain name set up later, but one thing at a time).

I currently sell separate Unix and Windows hosting plans based on resources used:

1. Disk space allocated

2. Bandwidth allocated

3. Shared IP plans (CP is an additional resource)

4. Unique IP Plans with control panel

5. Choice of hosting server - Windows or Unix.

.. and so on. This gives me basically 8 plans plus each plan can also buy additional resources.

I also sell email only plans using domain name I own, or using customers own domain.

I set up 3 Product Groups (Hosting, Domain and Other) and then added 8 Products (Plans) with prices for the basic hosting plans to the Hosting Product Group. And yes, I clicked Save and the system confirmed my changes were saved. I can see them when I go into Admin CP.

When I look at sharedhosting.php on the web site, I can see just 3 plans outlined - Basic, Standard and Advanced

and with a set of default resources, prices and features. Where is this data coming from, because it certainly isn't from the

plans I just set up.

I am using using the latest WHCMS with a modifed MyHost (mostly look and feel).

Help please. Have I done something wrong? I read the documentation carefully before I started updating products and also checked here in the forum but dont see any threads that have similar problems.

Thanks

IRoo

(An olde Aussie in Thailand)

I think sharedhosting.php is just a default hosting page from the myhost template - to change it, you will manually have to edit the file in a web editor...

if you want to use your products/prices in this table, then you may need to use data feeds...

http://docs.whmcs.com/Data_Feeds

but if you go to cart.php on your site, then your hosting plans seem to be there - though no prices are included in the display.

Thanks Brian, I found the sharedhosting.tpl and can see where the default data is coming from. I just changed a couple of things and saw what happened. I think I will stop here and read the data feeds content you point me to and see where that takes me.

Again thanks for your time, I genuinely appreciate it.