Free Braintree Credit Card Gateway Module

As a client, if i go to my account details, add a valid credit card and try to make a purchase using the added card, it works great.

But, if i type my credit card number on the order form, i always get an error message saying the verification has failed.

Again, i used the same credit card for both situations.

When it fails, the transaction is not logged at braintree.

I've attached a print screen of the error message.

Error log

Invoice ID => 119
User ID => 11
Amount => 0.99
exception 'Braintree_Exception_Authentication' in /home/niggayou/public_html/<removed>/members/modules/gateways/braintree/lib/Braintree/Util.php:59
Stack trace:
#0 /home/niggayou/public_html/<removed>/members/modules/gateways/braintree/lib/Braintree/Http.php(42): Braintree_Util::throwStatusCodeException(401)
#1 /home/niggayou/public_html/<removed>/members/modules/gateways/braintree/lib/Braintree/Customer.php(479): Braintree_Http::post('/customers', Array)
#2 /home/niggayou/public_html/<removed>/members/modules/gateways/braintree/lib/Braintree/Customer.php(92): Braintree_Customer::_doCreate('/customers', Array)
#3 /home/niggayou/public_html/<removed>/members/modules/gateways/braintree.php(76): Braintree_Customer::create(Array)
#4 /home/niggayou/public_html/<removed>/members/includes/classes/WHMCS/Module.php(0): braintree_capture(Array)
#5 /home/niggayou/public_html/<removed>/members/includes/classes/WHMCS/Module/Gateway.php(0): WHMCS_Module->call()
#6 /home/niggayou/public_html/<removed>/members/includes/ccfunctions.php(0): WHMCS_Module_Gateway->call()
#7 /home/niggayou/public_html/<removed>/members/creditcard.php(0): captureCCPayment()
#8 {main}

It appears that BrainTree is throwing a 401 Unauthorized error when you try to POST to /customers.

I've attached a print screen of the error

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks!:idea:

Edited by WHMCS ChrisD
Edited for PII

• 3 weeks later...

I am trying to get this Braintree module working. I can't seem to get past the CVS requirement. I am using the Braintree Sandbox. entering real or test credit card data fails even though I have entered the correct or test CVS code. I also went into the braintree payments sandbox set up and turned off ( I think ) the CVS checking

Does anyone have any help or information concerning this?

David

• 6 months later...

A new version of our Braintree WHMCS Gateway Module is now available with support for WHMCS 6.x.

What is new:

* Updated the Braintree PHP Libraries

* Updated themes to use the Braintree Drop In payment forms.

* Support for WHMCS 6.x

* Support for the five theme

* Support for the six theme

* Support for the boxes, cart, comparison, modern, slider, and verticalsteps order forms.

Please follow the installation instructions in the README in order to upgrade to the new version. All templates and files have changed.

* This version is for WHMCS 6.x and not earlier versions.

You may download the latest version of the gateway module from our client portal:

• 7 months later...

This module was a breeze to install, but we're having issues with recurring payments. I've verified that all API Keys and merchant IDs are entered in correctly. We've successfully transacted individual payments through this module, but when we come to recurring payments, it fails. I've attached a screenshot of the errors we are receiving.

I've spoken to both WHMCS and Braintree on this issues - both seem to confirm that this is happening within the module (or at least, that is where the next step is). I'm hoping to get this addressed as soon as possible - please let me know if you have any ideas on what this may be. Thanks.

For the record, no transactions are even being attempted on Braintree's end - the attached errors are what I've located in the Gateway Log of WHMCS.

Screen Shot 2016-02-15 at 12.01.43 PM.png

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...