Possible feature request (cron job)

I am looking at the way the cron jobs work currently and i am looking for a better way to do this. I will create on the requests area once we can agree on a best method.

My proposal:

• Change to the system to have one single cron job run every 5 minutes (or at the lowest time to allow jobs to run, maybe 1 or 2 hours), no other cron jobs required.)
  • A new configuration area within WHMCS to configure all available cron jobs. Decide which jobs run and how often they run etc..
  • Include all system cron jobs in the configuration. Allowing us to disable specific parts of the daily job we have now without the need to send in flags via the cron tab.
  • Cron configuration to come with a default recommended setting to provide an instant out of the box setting that can be tweaked where needed.

If you think there are things missing, or a better solution please reply and let me know.

It would still be a cron job, but just one to set up instead of multiple to have to set up. It would also mean anything added in the future would be configured in WHMCS and no need to set up yet another cron job if there happens to be a feature added that used it.

But the main benefit, not having to add flags to the cron job to kill portions of the cron tasks that we don't use, it could be done in WHMCS

Edited by CDJ Hosting