Submitting to helpdesk via a separate form

Chris74

Hi,

Is there a way to submit to the helpdesk via a custom page that isn't submitticket.php ?

We have styled supportticketsubmit-steptwo.tpl for internal customer use - it isn't a "contact us" form, it's a support request form. The contact.tpl template has been designed with all our company info on it, for pre-sales and business enquiries.

I'd like to use the contact.tpl template to submit the existing contact form details to the helpdesk, with the dept field hidden and no upload file options - has anyone done that, or do you know how that could be achieved by creating a new page?

Or - can I just take the filed names from supportticketsubmit-steptwo.tpl and swap these out on the contact.tpl template, then set the form action to submitticket.php?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Edited by Chris74

Thanks for your suggestions. I can see that the API could be used to create a support ticket but writing a PHP script to create a contact form to do that is beyond my expertise.

With regards to piping, this is only useful if the email address entered on the form can be used as the actual "from" address on the email being piped, so again I think that would require some PHP code to get working.

I think the way I will do it is to use a whole bunch of {if $loggedin} statements to separate the design inside the submitticket templates.