Custom Language files

Hi guys,

Not sure if someone has already posted a solution to the following problem, but il post my solution anyway.

Problem:

The problem is language files, they get overwritten on upgrades and sometimes when adding mods which can be very frustrating.

My Solution:

My solution is simple, we create a new folder in "/lang/" named "extralang",

Then we add this code into the bottom of our original whmcs lang file:

foreach (glob("extralang/*.php") as $extralang)
{
   include $extralang;
}

After that any additional language entries that we add can go into separate files within that new folder.

with future updates the only change you will need to do is add that code to the bottom.

This is simple, dirty and could probably be greatly improved, but it works so thought id share it.

if anyone can improve it then feel free to update us below.

Yes. Use overrides: http://docs.whmcs.com/Language_Files#Overriding_Language_Strings. It's already a feature in WHMCS.

+1

Alternatively, for anyone upgrading that previously edited the main language files, they can simply copy them to ./overrides/$lang.php and upload the default.

- We're also working on a solution for this problem.

Not really. The configuration file is loaded before everything else. That means your custom language files will be overwritten by the defaults. Doesn't matter though as there is a solution for that already which is supported by WHMCS. Did you read the full thread?