Idera R1soft module for WHMCS

Idera Server Backup, formerly known as R1Soft, uses continous data protection to create fast and consistent backups of your servers. With the software being used to protect over 275,000 servers it is safe to say that it has proven its value to many system administrators.

The WHMCS Idera/R1Soft module is the first and only module that is able to automatically provision accounts and backup volumes and manage them.

• Create a backup volume and user account with configurable limits (disk space, recovery points, archive points, backup schedule, agents);
  • Suspend, unsuspend and terminate accounts, including all agents, policies and related objects;
  • Upgradeable volumes and user accounts;
  • Configurable options to up-sell increased backup frequencies, disk space and agent/server licenses;
  • Updates volume disk space usage within WHMCS;
  • Display backup results in WHMCS client and admin area;
  • Provisioning script for Linux servers is included. This script installs and configures Idera Server Backup on a CentOS-based system.

There are some things it doesn't do as well. It doesn't set up agents and disk safes when creating a backup account. We do this on purpose: the module supports additional licenses for a single user and the module is not intended to replace the existing interface. Clear manuals should guide your customers through these 3 steps: add agent, add disk safe, add policy.

At the moment this module does not offer reseller functionalities: sub-users are disabled by default. We do welcome all detailed feedback on this potential feature.

The price for this module is EUR 100,- including full code access and updates when they are available. The source code of this module is not encoded.

This module can be ordered from: https://account.sensson.net/oam/cart.php?a=add&pid=93&language=English

More information: https://account.sensson.net/support/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/117/0/whmcs-idera-r1soft-module

• 2 weeks later...

Hi There,

We run a couple of VPS servers with the Interworx control panel. We use WHMCS to manage these servers and all the accounts and we're looking for a new backup solution. There are additional accounts on the server that don't run via WHMCS (as we have resellers etc on there).

1) Would this module run on a VPS server?

2) Will it backup all accounts including accounts that aren't controlled via WHMCS?

3) Is it compatible with Interworx?

Thank you in advance!

Many thanks,

Lewis

This module doesn't do the backups for you. It automates the provisioning of Idera backup packages for which you would need a separate license and server. More information on that can be given by Idera themselves: http://www.idera.com/ProductsSolutions/ServerBackup.aspx.

1) Our module is a provisioning module for WHMCS. As long as the system that WHMCS is running on supports outgoing API calls over a specific port you're good.

2) If you install the Idera agent on a server: yes, it will back up everything that's on it.

3) I believe it is but I haven't tested it. We don't use InterWorx.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi

How can the client control his space on Idera backup system and knows how much free space is there and if it's full, since the Idera itself has only admin user and there is no "client" users?

will the WHMCS send him a report of his space and how many backups, points and archive created ... etc?

Hi

How can the client control his space on Idera backup system and knows how much free space is there and if it's full, since the Idera itself has only admin user and there is no "client" users?

will the WHMCS send him a report of his space and how many backups, points and archive created ... etc?

Hi,

The answer is here : http://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?72911-WHMCS-Idera-R1soft-module&goto=newpost

No need for a full integration, but instead : just fetch the amount of data transfered, and send an invoice.

As far as i can see, you do not seems to be using r1soft already.

R1soft have the following users:

- admin

- resellers

- users

You can fetch all of the infos, and manage the backups for each of those users through the API.

Here is the feature request for this (you will get better results if you want this by voting there for this feature) https://requests.whmcs.com/responses/add-r1soft-cdp-enterprise-server-version-3-with-reseller-features

You can use Idera as an admin-only system or set-up resellers and users. Our integration sets up users and stores the used backup space. Restore and archive points are limited by the module depending on your product settings. It's not suitable for pay-as-you-go, although you could bill on overages if you want to.

It doesn't set up agents and disk safes when creating a backup account. We do this on purpose: the module supports additional licenses for a single user and the module is not intended to replace the existing interface. Clear manuals should guide your customers through these 3 steps: add agent, add disk safe, add policy.

So what does the WHMCS provisioning module does if it does not create the disk safe? We sell R1soft backup to our client based on disk storage packages. As part of the provisioning process right now, we will login to r1soft as the admin > Create a Device(server) with the IP > Create Disk Safe and assign a backup disk space > Go back to the server and install the agent and configure the agent to point to the CDP server.

I see you have a script provided for the installation via WHMCS for the PHP that the user can run this automatically on their server - which is good. However, just want to confirm how far the automation can go from the user sign up stage.

Is there also a trial license for this available?

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the late response. This module doesn't go as far as that. It creates the volume, sets the limitations and creates a user that can use it. The script we supply with this module assists in installing the backup software on a server, but doesn't do the other things you mentioned.

We don't provide trial licenses I'm afraid. We hand out full code access with this module though and what you mention can be done, but it would be something you have to code yourself.

• 1 year later...

My issue with the module is that it simply doesn't work.

I gave up on trying to make it work but I just thought I should let others know to be careful.

To list a few issues ; when I add the idera prodcut to a customer account and click on the product details option a white page just shows up.

It does not create any accounts or let me do any type of account functions....

Just a few problems listed.

I don't recall you having contacted our support recently. Have you been in touch with us yet?

WHMCS turns all errors off by default, so if you get a blank page you could have hit a bug in our code or you may be missing a PHP module for instance. It relies on the soap module for example, so if that's not installed you would get a blank page. This is a pretty common thing in WHMCS and more information about the subject can be found here: http://docs.whmcs.com/Blank_Pages.

Although I understand you have issues I don't feel it's right to warn people by saying the module doesn't work. We have a lot of people using this module and it works for them. We're more than happy to look into your problems too, but if you don't tell us directly and only mention it on this forum it's pretty difficult for us to help you out. So if you haven't spoken to us already, please contact us via e-mail and we'll do our best to make this work for you too.

• 5 months later...