Getting the Buy Form Code for Products - How to?

Hello,

What I mean is, carts like E-Junkie and X-cart, generate the buy form code for a product so you can posted it on a page and customize it to how you want it to look. You can also do this with Paypal.

We want to do this with WHMCS, but since some files are encoded and support refuses to share any of the code with us, our coder can't figure out how to do it. Does anyone know the coding on how? Or have sample code of a product with variables that may shed some light on how it is done?

We've been told it can be done, but not given any hints on how.

It's really frustrating since this is such a basic and great feature WHMCS is missing.

Thanks.

Has you coder looked at the product you'd set up in WHMCS, and gone to the "links" tab for that product? ;)

Yes, that doesn't do what I asked. It doesn't give us the buy form code, just a link. We want to take the actual code that loads the product, variables, prices, etc from the data base and then we can modify it to look with CSS on the pages we want to place it on, then after the buyer fills it out and clicks through, it takes the buyer to the cart with the product in it.

If we are missing something, please explain how the "links" tab accomplishes this.

Edit: Although E-Junkie, X-Cart, and Paypal buy form code doesn't actually load from the database, it already has all the variables, etc in the code. That's more what we are looking for and we're told it can be done, but not how.

Thanks again, but that only loads the Product Name, Description, and Price. The variables in our down menu decide price, and I'm not seeing a way to load that + the other sections of the order form that a buyer needs to fill out.

I could post the order form code from one of the carts, if you still aren't following what I mean.

I do follow it, but there isn't any native way I know of to configure outside of WHMCS and have it submit to it. If you were to watch the http headers as you order, you will see the info you enter being passed as "tokens", it looks like. For instance, here's a domain added:

token=<<random id removed>>&domainoption=register&sld%5B0%5D=ertertertertertert&tld%5B0%5D=.com&sld%5B1%5D=ertertertertertert&tld%5B1%5D=.com&sld%5B2%5D=ertertertertertert&tld%5B2%5D=.com&sld%5B3%5D=ertertertertertert&domains%5B%5D=ertertertertertert.com&domainsregperiod%5Bertertertertertert.com%5D=1

Odds are there's someone here that has an idea of how to do this outside of WHMCS, but personally I'm not really seeing why you'd want to. If it's for forum posting or something of that nature, perhaps creating a special package with specific configurations and just posting that link is the way to go.

We have a highly customized order form on our home page and wanted to be able to continue to do that. WHMCS's recommended coders said they can do it, but we were hoping someone could explain how so we could keep it in house and do development ourselves. Thanks anyway. :)