A couple of gateway questions

rmarkin

Hello all,

I have recently completed the installation of WHMCS and am now on the hunt for a gateway that meets my needs. I am in the U.S. if that makes a difference. I also expect most of my customers to be in the U.S.

Things I'm looking for:

1) No monthly fees or low monthly fees (a higher discount % is ok as a trade-off)

2) Ability to automatically charge monthly accounts.

3) I do not want the customer to have to sign-up with another company in order to pay me i.e. Paypal or Google.

4) I want customers to be able to simply go to my site and after choosing the package that they want, pay with either a MC, VISA, AMEX, Discover and so on without having to hassle with anything else.

What are your recommendations for a gateway keeping these things in mind?

Thank you very much for any advice you can give me.

Robert

Basically if you do not want your clients to have to signup for the payment gateway you are best to take Money Orders. I want my clients to signup for the payment gateway if they wish because of better security. I like the fact that Paypal allows customers to pay without having to signup, but it is the clients option and not mine.

Of course I want them to register on my site, just not a third party site like Paypal.

I want them to be able to purchase something from me like I can if I go to to Amazon.com or Newegg.com etc. I register on the site then I simply put in my CC info and I'm done.

What type of Gateway can accomplish this for me?

Thanks,

Robert

• WHMCS CEO

What you are after is a merchant gateway such as Auth.net, Quantum Gateway, eWay, etc... These are where the client enters their credit card details on your site and WHMCS submits the payment request in the background.

Matt