Admin Login/Login as Client issues

indtg

I just upgraded from 3.2.3 to 3.3.0. The upgrade went smooth without any issues however I now notice that I can't log into the admin area unless I have 'Keep me logged in until I logout' checked. I don't get an error, I just get redirected back to the admin login screen until I check that box and login again.

I also noticed on the Clients Profile screen, when I attempt to use the Login as Client Quick Link, I get an email/password is incorrect error.

Anyone else experiencing these errors?

No, I'm using the default templates--no files have been changed.

We did install RVSiteBuilder and this login problem was noticed after that installation was completed. I seriously doubt that caused this issue. I'm going to create a new admin account and see if it has the same problem.

EDIT: same issue with a new admin account.

Looks like its an issue writing the session info to the tmp directory.

Finally found an error that I can troubleshoot from:

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: open(/tmp/sess....., O_RDWR) Permission denied (13)

My php.ini has ';session.save_path = /tmp'. I was under the impression that in cPanel 11, this is not suppose to be commented out.

Can anyone confirm this?

Found a solution, albeit it took a little longer than expected.

I had to uncomment the php.ini line for: session.save_path = /tmp

It was not commented out in the php.ini backup I have so no idea how it was changed. (cPanel update?) I also had to clear out all the sessions in /tmp.