Am i safe

rebornwebs

Question

10 answers to this question

No, you have to go to WHMCS to renew...

This is not accurate.

While WHMCS ended the distributor program, we still have our reseller program a live and active. If your host is a reseller of WHMCS licenses, then you most likely have no issue. It's relatively a simply process, simply replace the license key stored within configuration.php and log into your admin area.

Well i'm sure who ever told you that the reseller program is ending is wrong. Chris is obviously a WHMCS employee and no doubt of senior level so I fully trust what he says.

Chris is correct. For further clarification, have a look at [THREAD=70247]this announcement[/THREAD] by Matt. Take note of the following excerpt:

This does not affect the reseller program, so you may still find WHMCS licenses bundled with other products/services from third parties, but no legitimate websites other than whmcs.com will be offering WHMCS licenses for sale on a standalone basis.

my whmcs license runs out today and i would like to know if it is safe for me to renew it via my host rather then whmcs?

Renew at your host the reseller program hasn't ended :)

Only LicensePal, LicenseCube and BuycPanel (I believe they were all the legit distributors?) have lost ability to sell WHMCS licenses.