When ordering a hosting plan, You cant choose to transfer domain or change nameserver

ssoylu1996

Hi,

I am using WHMCS on my website, My problem is that when you go to: "web-solutions.samihsoylu.co.uk/cart.php?gid=2" choose a hosting plan then click order, You get three options.

Option1: Register Domain

Option2: Transfer your domain from another registrar

Option3: I will use my existing domain and update my nameservers

When the client attempts to chose "option2" or "option3" and types in a domain name they receive an error saying "The domain you entered is not valid. Enter only the part after the www. and include the TLD". This error only appears on the custom template i am using. It does not appear on the default. How can i fix this issue?

Example:

/https://dl.dropbox.com/u/55534911/Screenshots/Screenshot-3.jpg

Same problem when I try the option2. Ofcourse in this example i try whmcs.com, if i try other domains i have the same problem.

Samih.

Edited by ssoylu1996
More Info

Have you read the instructions/wiki on setting up products ?

Or searched the FAQ ?

Or the forum ?

This question gets asked about once a week ...

Just for fun I did a search on this error and 5 posts ended up with a MOD telling the poster to put in a ticket so THEY can fix it for them. I don't know why you are so smug about answering as you can see they are very likely new to this game and need help getting set up

Just for fun I did a search on this error and 5 posts ended up with a MOD telling the poster to put in a ticket so THEY can fix it for them. I don't know why you are so smug about answering as you can see they are very likely new to this game and need help getting set up

Isn't that just great. I did the same thing, i opened a ticket. I was told that they do not help if i have a custom theme installed on the WHMCS, The developers could have atleast told me what could be causing this error. i could have been told something like there is a code missing in the header? that would be nice to know.

Anyway, in the ticket i was told to come on to the forums and ask people here. So, could someone please help? I think maybe someone can send me a working comparison order form from their WHMCS website in zip so i can upload it again and see if it works? Maybe this would solve the problem, I checked all the other order forms work.

Edited by ssoylu1996
More Info

Only thing I can suggest and it is just that is to compare these 3 templates in default template and your custom one

bulkdomainchecker.tpl bulkdomainmanagement.tpl bulkdomaintransfer.tpl

Thanks for replying, So should i copy the "bulkdomainchecker.tpl bulkdomainmanagement.tpl bulkdomaintransfer.tpl" from the other order form templates to the template i am using now? Maybe it will work ( I will make a backup ).

Should i do this?

Hi,

I copied bulkdomainchecker.tpl, bulkdomainmanagement.tpl and bulkdomaintransfer.tpl to the folder of my theme from the "default" theme folder. And I still have the same error.

Are there any other solutions?

Samih.

Edit: please help me, this is my only problem, when this is solved I wont have any more problems and i wont bother you again!

Edited by ssoylu1996

Hi,

I copied bulkdomainchecker.tpl, bulkdomainmanagement.tpl and bulkdomaintransfer.tpl to the folder of my theme from the "default" theme folder. And I still have the same error.

Are there any other solutions?

Samih.

Edit: please help me, this is my only problem, when this is solved I wont have any more problems and i wont bother you again!

Have you contacted the developer who made the theme for you?

Did you check the apache/php error logs on your server?

Does it happen with all order templates or only that one?

So no one can help? I opened a ticket and I haven't been replied for a week.

Simply People who dont choose to register domain and choose to transfer OR change name servers have this error: "The domain you entered is not valid. Enter only the part after the www. and include the TLD".

Do WHMCS Staff check the forums?

Thanks i guess, The WHMCS Staff on the ticket said that they don't help me on custom templates. They said that this problem is not occuring on the default template. What could i be missing on the custom template? I allready copied the three domain .tpl files over from the default template.

yes, i have WHMCS.js included in the header. The domain checker works. Could it be a js issue? I see that when i click register it has www ready as a un-editable text and then it asks for a domain name and then the TLD's are as dropdown.

So if i click transfer domain or change namerservers options i dont have the domain form switching to the transfer or nameserver.

in more detail, if you click register. This comes up:

<div class="domainreginput" id="domainregister" style="display: block;">
www. <input type="text" id="registersld" size="30" value=""> <select id="registertld">
<option value=".com">.com</option>
<option value=".net">.net</option>
<option value=".biz">.biz</option>
<option value=".org">.org</option>
<option value=".info">.info</option>
<option value=".co">.co</option>
<option value=".co.uk">.co.uk</option>
<option value=".in">.in</option>
<option value=".us">.us</option>
<option value=".me">.me</option>
<option value=".us.com">.us.com</option>
<option value=".ca">.ca</option>
<option value=".mobi">.mobi</option>
<option value=".tv">.tv</option>
<option value=".eu">.eu</option>
<option value=".org.uk">.org.uk</option>
<option value=".me.uk">.me.uk</option>
</select>
</div>

which is correct however if i choose the other options the above code stays but it is supposed to switch to either one of these:

Transfer Domain Form

<div class="domainreginput" id="domaintransfer" style="display: none;">
www. <input type="text" id="transfersld" size="30" value=""> <select id="transfertld">
<option value=".com">.com</option>
<option value=".net">.net</option>
<option value=".biz">.biz</option>
<option value=".org">.org</option>
<option value=".info">.info</option>
<option value=".co">.co</option>
<option value=".co.uk">.co.uk</option>
<option value=".in">.in</option>
<option value=".us">.us</option>
<option value=".me">.me</option>
<option value=".mobi">.mobi</option>
<option value=".tv">.tv</option>
<option value=".org.uk">.org.uk</option>
<option value=".me.uk">.me.uk</option>
</select>
</div>

Going to switch nameservers domain form.

<div class="domainreginput" id="domainowndomain" style="display: none;">
www. <input type="text" id="owndomainsld" size="30" value=""> . <input type="text" id="owndomaintld" size="5" value="">
</div>

Edit: I removed all the js files except the whmcs, the site works properly except the problem persists. So its not a js error.

Edited by ssoylu1996

Solved!

The themename.js was overiding the whmcs.js so it was stopping whmcs.js from working. So what i did was in the header i typed

{if $filename != 'cart'}<script src="templates/{$template}/resources/js/themename.js" type="text/javascript"></script>{/if}

This will display this line of code on any page except the cart.php and it is not needed since the page is using whmcs.js but all other pages are functioning properly ;)