captcha caps/lower case issues

shackle

I am not understanding the reasoning for this. Most users realize that the captcha is case sensitive as all that I recall coming across in other programs are also. Maybe add a reminder below the captcha that it is case sensitive?

More and more I see captcha systems only showing CAPS now, I think systems people have realised that users can't tell the difference between c and C, w and W, v and V, z and Z etc, so simply always display caps, and "upper" the input before verification.

IMHO this would improve the user experience is the captcha options in WHMCS had an additional "case-sensitive" switch

Gotta agree a change would be good for the user here... If someone's going to automate a CAPTCHA response the difference between a detecting a "c" and "C" might be significant, but if they're going through that trouble anyway you've likely got other issues.

This would be one of those cases where the change to the backend code change is absolutely minimal (~15 characters tops, unless you want a admin toggle setting) and the benefit to the user experience is potentially significant.

I have to agree, most CAPTCHA systems I've worked with do not required text to be in caps. Most larger big name sites CAPTCHA's systems allow caps or lower case. If you ask me people are not use to having to put in caps imo.

I've noticed people fail the CAPTCHA a few times while signing up (at my site), and for some reason it makes their account like 3-5 times too. This is a problem if you ask me.

I've looked at the TPL files, and I can't seem to find anything on the CAPTCHA input for the registration, and domain search. If I could find the CAPTCHA input code this should work to solve my problem:

<input type="text" name="name" onKeyUp="this.value=this.value.toUpperCase()" />

support.bebosoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1028&highlight=captcha

That may solve the issue, but I'd much rather have the option to allow the customers to put in caps or lower case.