[NOT A BUG] 5.2.3:Credit Balance

Hello.

When I install or upgrade to whmcs5.2.3,I discovered, Credit Balance does not appear in the Clients the Profile.

The administrator will not modify the Profile of Credit Balance from Clients.

This is a very troublesome problem, I hope you can handle.

Thank you very much.

You mean the old way where you can simply modify the credit balance on the profile page? How would you ever be able to audit changes to that balance? I always thought the ability to easily update the credit balance there was a bad thing. You need to record a reason for changes along with a positive or negative adjustment so that anyone reviewing an account can see why the credit balance is what it is and be able to explain it to a client.

• WHMCS CEO
You mean the old way where you can simply modify the credit balance on the profile page? How would you ever be able to audit changes to that balance? I always thought the ability to easily update the credit balance there was a bad thing. You need to record a reason for changes along with a positive or negative adjustment so that anyone reviewing an account can see why the credit balance is what it is and be able to explain it to a client.

Exactly. This was the logic behind the change, along with new additional staff permissions to allow editing client profile info but not being allowed to issue/alter credits, and so it's not something we consider a bug.

Exactly. This was the logic behind the change, along with new additional staff permissions to allow editing client profile info but not being allowed to issue/alter credits, and so it's not something we consider a bug.

How does one go about editing/resetting the credit balance now?

I have had to "reset" the credit balance on numerous occasions due to WHMCS constantly reflecting a credit on an account when it does not actually exist any longer under manage credits -or- has this issue been completely resolved?

Edited by leckley