Auto Credit Card Processing fails - CVV result = decline

kenwardc

Hi Folks

Not sure whether I'm doing something wrong or not entering something which should be entered, so here's the problem:

We are with CashFlows (SecurePay) for gateway.

I add a customer domain to the system which is already on our book on our old system.

I manually put in the creation date, expiry date and due date.

I make sure customer has logged into the client area and put in credit card number.

Domain comes up due. Invoice is generated correctly.

Card Payment capture fails. Looking at log it's the CVV result that's caused the fail.

Customer gets declined Email as they should when card declined.

Customer comes in and pays with same card, entering the CVV in the box.

Card payment SUCCESS and invoice marked as paid.

Anyone know why the card payment is failing?

Cheers

Chris

Hi,

Not sure what you mean by "Anyone know why the card payment is failing?" as from the above description it sounds like it worked on second attempt?

Or did you mean you tried to enter the card details first time round resulting in the failure, then your customer did it second time round and it worked?

Hi Alex

What I'm saying is that when the WHMCS system attempts to auto-collect the payment, the card payment fails. However, if the customer comes in manually to their client area, selects the invoice, enters the CVV number, then says "PAY NOW", the payment is a success.

I'm wanting to get the system to auto-collect payment on credit cards, because many of our customers don't want the hassle of coming in once a month to manually pay for their services.

Thanks for the response.

Cheers

Chris

Hi Alex

Saved details are correct. It appears that WHMCS doesn't save the CVV number off the back of the card though and I have a feeling this could be the reason the card is failing on the auto capture. However, when the customer comes through and uses the exact same card details which are stored on the system, he is asked to enter the CVV number and then of course the transaction is a success.

This is odd. Is it happening with every card? At this point I don't know - waiting for some more to be attempted over the next few days.

Thanks again for your input.

Cheers

Chris

Hi Chris

I realise that - just not sure why the system appears to decline this particular card. Will keep an eye on it for a while and wait for another customer's card to have an auto-collect attempt and then I'll readdress if needed.

Thanks for the response, Chris

Cheers

Chris