Google Check out

thehostinghut

Ok.. First thing I am gong to say is that I DID put in a support ticket about this and though Matt tried he was not able to point me in the direction to fix this.

So I am testing Google Checkout via SandBox. I can go completly through the checkout process and when it give you the option to return to my site... Sends you to the invoice page... It does not mark the invoice paid. It keeps it unpaid. No errors in google checkout. The gateway logs show success but there is nothing in the box about the transaction.

So the sale is not getting passed back.

If anyone has had this problem can you inform me how you fixed it?

They say it will not work with PHPSuexec.

Matt told me his worked with sandbox checkout. Mine is not working with SandBox checkout. So go figure.

Kinda frustrating. Then support stops on the issue.

It was pretty much if phpsuexec is not on the server and it does not work I don't know what to tell ya.

• WHMCS CEO

Okay, tested it, and you're all right - it doesn't even work here! So why didn't anyone say anything! I've now got it working again using their latest documentation. Just open a ticket to request the files and I'll send them over.

Matt

I did say something :lol:

Anywho I think I have a ticket open about it. If I can find the emails I will respond back.

Thanks Matt!!!

Doesn't matter about the ifs and whens. Matt is aware and has a fix :) Does the fix work on phpsuexec powered php too?

I got a error from google here:

24 Aug 2007 07:53:00 BST Error 812408616163975 We encountered an error trying to access your server at http s://xxx.xxx.xxx/whmcs/modules/gateways/callback/googlecheckout.php; the error we got is: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target

Anyone shead some light on it?

Regards

Ben

bendobson,

Check out this page @ google:

http://checkout.google.com/support/sell/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=57856

Also, I looked at your site in your sig - your www address tried to go into SSL with a certificate for secure.xxx.xxx and threw a browser error. If you gave google your www address to callback this could be part of the problem.

The other thing is that I don't see your certificate provider in the accepted list (above) from Google, so that may be an issue as well.

Ok I just got back to this to try it.

At first I did not think it worked. Because when it sent me back to the invoice it said "unpaid" but when I looked at everything else it said paid.

So in short it sent everything back at worked fine.

I am going to test another order to see if the "return to merchant" this will come back as the invoice being paid.

I will update on the results.

Thanks Matt for fixing this!!!

• WHMCS CEO

It won't show as paid by the time you click return to merchant. Google takes around 2-3 minutes to clear the payment and send the callback saying it succeeded so it will always show unpaid for a few minutes after payment.

Matt

It won't show as paid by the time you click return to merchant. Google takes around 2-3 minutes to clear the payment and send the callback saying it succeeded so it will always show unpaid for a few minutes after payment.

Matt

Quick Q:

Would it be a good idea to display a message for those Checkout payments to inform customers posting isn't immediate?

So it did that again.

Sent me back to the invoice... It said unpaid.

So I went to the admin area and it said the invoice was unpaid. So I went back to the invoice page it sends you to after checkout and clicked on return to client area. At that point everything was marked paid. I am not sure if that made this complete or not.

This was a few minute process getting back to the client area so I am not sure that it is me not waiting long enough.

I will try again to see if that is the case or not.