I'm a beginner in WHMCS development,having problems..please help me!

priyankardey

I'm new to WHMCS development & having some serious issues.. I need to create a module in an existing website.. I have downloaded their(client's) entire project but unable to work on them since they are written some strange language.. Example: " HR+cPuU4grHqHH2R1Ka+TxfLoVGXL/Xzag0NfQoyhZROeGj5g7bYNSIE7NkHJ7GRTd7X5+qkWOi1 ".. I just can't understand these files.. Is this data encrypted?? Or this is the standard format.. I have to create a module using the APIs or I'll be fired .. Please help me!

thanx a lot for ur replies.. I need to create a module in an existing page of a project.. so I am trying to decode the source code of that page first so I've downloaded IonCube Decoder & CodejockCom Server Registrator.. while I am dragging a file to IonCube Decoder its showing "ioncube_version_type 4,6 are not supported by 'ioncube_loader_win_4.3.dll'"..Now what to do Sir?please help..

This is exactly the situation that encryption was created for, im so glad to see it at work.

@priyankardey You really do need to stop what your doing before you get in more over your head. Call the person your doing the job for and ask them to send you an unencrypted version of the project file. Encryption was designed for this very purpose, to secure files from unauthorized eyes. So stop what you are doing because noone here is going to assist you in doing anything illegal and you will certainly get into trouble for doing what your doing. What you are doing is highly frowned upon in the industry and it is equivelant to stealing/piracy.

Think with your head and do this correctly. Get the proper files you need to work with from the client.

no, as far as i know you cant add anything to the encrypted files or the ioncube reader will crash. As far as i know you must leave the encrypted files as they are, as a matter of fact i would just forget they even exist.

Just use the dev tools provided to you by Chris and build your mod. You must not manuipulate, change, modify, those encrypted files in any way or you will be in license violation. Your client could very well lose their WHMCS license and you as the perpetrator will be taken to court by the client if that happens. If your client loses their license due to your hacking the encrypted files they will come after you legally, you can count on that.

In short leave the encrypted files alone....period..

I also wanted to add that maybe you might want to pass this job off to someone more experienced. It is obvious that they gave you the project without checking your background qualifications and it kinda serves them right if they get junk in exchange IMO. But even i know my limitations and i would never agree to a job that was way above my skill level, it is career suicide quick and simple.

Maybe find someone that will work with you who has done this before and of course you will probably not make any money on this job, and you may even lose money. But at least the client will be happy and maybe you can be more prepared and skilled next time and keep your job too.

Before you ask, i am not skilled in these mods either so i would never touch a mod job, not yet anyway..

Edited by durangod