Testing eNOM - How Do People Handle Payments?

steveharman

Hello,

We've setup everything on eNOM's test interface and would like to check that names are registered [in the test environment] and at the same time written to our own name servers via an add-on we're also testing.

I just wondered if anyone else has used eNOM in Test Mode and how they handled paying for the names they tested with. Do we have to actually **pay** for the names via PayPal or a.n.other gateway and the refund the payments back to ourselves, or is there a neater way?

If anyone mentions PayPal sandbox mode in WHMCS I'll scream so please don't go there. ;-) One month of getting nowhere with Support I just gave up pn anything ever getting resolved and killed the ticket.

Thanks in advance,

Steve

Edited by steveharman
Typo

Steve,

You could always give your WHMCS test client account credit and the invoice will be paid automatically using the credit.

Thanks for that - good idea. I just added some credit to my test user and placed a domain registration order. Not that it seems to be working in eNOM but I've taken that issue up with them.

Having never used the concept of a credit balance in WHMCS before I'm a little confused; on the shopping cart during checkout there was no mention of the account I was logged in with having any credit, I only had the usual two payment gateways (PayPal & 2Checkout).

When the order was placed I didn't need to go through PayPal or 2Checkout to complete the order, but as the PayPal radio button was selected by default on the cart page the confirmation e-mail I received said PayPal was the payment method for a £0.00 value.

Is this a WHMCS bug is simply very misleading?

Thanks again,

Steve

Steve,

That is just the way WHMCS works by default, if the account has any credit on it, it will use the credit to pay off as much as the invoice as possible, if there is not enough credit on the account then it would forward the user to the selected payment method.

You can disable this by going to Setup->General then click on Invoices and check "Disable Auto Credit Applying".

Steve,

That is just the way WHMCS works by default, if the account has any credit on it, it will use the credit to pay off as much as the invoice as possible, if there is not enough credit on the account then it would forward the user to the selected payment method.

You can disable this by going to Setup->General then click on Invoices and check "Disable Auto Credit Applying".

Understood Joe, thanks. Bit disappointing the e-mail WHMCS sends out clearly states "PayPal" as the payment method when it's nothing of the sort. If 100% of a payment comes from a user's balance then why state "PayPal" in the e-mails? The user may not even have a PayPal account.

Steve