How whmcs works with DirectI

Kus

I just went to configure a directi account in whmcs it asks for a customer ID.

The problem is that we haven't a fixed customerID so every domain we register goes to a different customer id. Can I work this way in whmcs, or every domain would go to the same customer, the one configured under registrar settings?

The domains are setup under the domain owners name, it's just that the "customer" as far as directi is concerned is the one you setup in whmcs. I don't know why it works this way as it makes additional work having to continually fund this second account.

• WHMCS CEO

No, it just overcomplicates things - would have to store a customer ID for each domain, would have to enter a customer ID for each domain manually added, would take longer to do registrations as it would have to check for an account, add one if it doesn't exist, etc...

Matt

No, it just overcomplicates things - would have to store a customer ID for each domain, would have to enter a customer ID for each domain manually added, would take longer to do registrations as it would have to check for an account, add one if it doesn't exist, etc...

Matt

Also need to have the client's details in a DI compatible format, make sure they have a Company filled in (unless they removed that), worry about adding funds to their account, having them get confused with the DI invoices / logging in to two places....I used to agree with bebop until I realised how simple things should be :)

I do understand that is somewhat more involved, but the customer is able to use his/her account at directi too for things like DNS etc.

I do agree that it does simplify management.

I am at least happy that the directi registration in WHMCS works near flawlessly! :)

Sure the way used by whmcs is far more easier and comfortable than two login screens for custromers.

We are just making the switch to whmcs, but after trying management of domains through whmcs api I would point my boss to put everything under a single customer id, although it sounds hard to do...

Thanks for your replies!