LANG files

KeithT

is tehre a way when making a new page that I can make a {$LANG.pagenamehere} for that page so it will show up on the page what page you are on?

that way it will show up with the {$LANG.globalyouarehere}

also is it possible to make my own $pagetile

hey uber thanx for the responce.....

Iv made the main .php pages and the .tpl files to all conside with eachother... but the problem im haveing is this line in the main .php file

$pagetitle = $_LANG['clientareatitle'];

Not sure where to make a new $_LANG['clientareatitle']; to coenside with the page like in html its <title> blh blah blah </title> but no clue where to do this as i have no clue about .php formats...

any suggestions... I was gonna try to look at the other .php files in the program but all r encrypted so i cant even get a feel of it...

Im sure that if i can title the page with the $pagetitle = $_LANG['clientareatitle']; then the {$LANG.globalyouarehere} will start to work on the pages..... if you would like i can shoot u a link to the page so u can see what im saying...

Not sure where to make a new $_LANG['clientareatitle'];

In your WHMCS directory, open the lang folder and edit English.txt (making sure to backup the original copy first). Add a new line like the following, improvising to suit your own needs, of course:

$_LANG['mypagetitle'] = "My Page";

In your custom PHP file you can change:

$pagetitle = $_LANG['clientareatitle'];

to:

$pagetitle = $_LANG['mypagetitle'];

Now your own text will appear in the page title. You can also add your own breadcrumb text, intro text, and of course add your own page icon, etc.

If you're supporting multiple languages, then you'll need to edit the files for the relevant languages, obviously.

Cheers,

again uber u rock... u dont know how many times i went to that page and never clicked in there..lol

I got all that but if u have a sec.

for the $breadcrum how would I link the support name back to the main support page and also add another page to that area?

As is stands I can make it say "You Are Here: Support

with the provided coding $breadcrumbnav=''.$_LANG['globalsystemname'].'';

if I add the page $_LANG['pagename'] to that there is no link and no space between the two just looks like this

You Are Here:Supportpagename

What i guess im trying to figure out is how would I code the $breadcrumnav so that it looks like this

You Are Here:Support>Pagename (both being links back to their main page)?

i did a bit of customization, i am sure there is an easier was, but here is what i did. you will need to adjust accordingly, mine was for a flash tutorials page.

on the new page i changed the breadcrumb line to be:

$breadcrumbnav=''.$_LANG['supportlink'].$_LANG['supportareatitle'].$_LANG['supportlinkclose'].$_LANG['custombreadcrum'].$_LANG['flashtutorialslink'].$_LANG['flashtutorialstitle'].$_LANG['flashtutorialsclose'].'';

then in my language file i added the following. (not sure what variables were there already)

$_LANG['flashtutorials'] = "Flash Tutorials";
$_LANG['flashtutorialstitle'] = "Flash Tutorials";
$_LANG['flashtutorialsdescription'] = "Step-by-step tutorials.";
$_LANG['supportareatitle'] = "Support"; 
$_LANG['supportlink'] = "<a href='index.php'>"; 
$_LANG['supportlinkclose'] = "</a>"; 
$_LANG['flashtutorialslink'] = "<a href='flashtutorials.php'>"; 
$_LANG['flashtutorialsclose'] = "</a>";
$_LANG['custombreadcrum'] = " > ";

• WHMCS CEO

The "correct" / "easier" way would have been doing it like this: :)

$breadcrumbnav = "<a href=\"index.php\">".$_LANG['globalsystemname']."</a> > <a href=\"tutorials.php\">".$_LANG['flashtutorials']."</a>";

Matt