editor in v5.1.2

Creates HTML line breaks "<br>" instead of XHTML line breaks "<br />." The HTML button on the editor doesn't work (when pressed, nothing happens). It's also adding in random characters for no discernible reason.

In addition, the Font Size and Font Family do not display although any changes are applied. Also, you cannot add any of the Available Merge Fields to a message by clicking on the link.

this new editor is terrible.

i always keep getting lines of text wrapped in divs, then smarty code wrapped in p tags, then useless span elements with weird inline styles.

it really is a trerrible editor, we should at least be given the option to use the tinymce one (which is now removed)

this new editor is terrible.

You're much kinder towards it than I have been. :)

i always keep getting lines of text wrapped in divs, then smarty code wrapped in p tags, then useless span elements with weird inline styles.

it really is a trerrible editor, we should at least be given the option to use the tinymce one (which is now removed)

If I could find WHERE the new editor *is*, I'd remove it. TinyMCE wasn't perfect, but it was head and shoulders above this latest POS. The tinyMCE code/directories are still there, and no new editor.php was uploaded, so I'm confused as heck as to where this new one is located and coming from.

yes it is nice edit.

problem isn't finding the files, its adding the editors to the admin panel.

the scripts are called within the admin php files, which unfortunately can't be overwritten by admin template files.

im gonna see if i can do something with the admin page hooks to kill the editor and load another copy of tinymce, gonna have to wait though, I'm on holiday after the weekend until the week after.

• 4 weeks later...
look at /includes/jscript/editor.js

I believe this is the new editor

http://nicedit.com/

Confirmed, they are using NicEdit Standard Edition available here with nicCode plugin. The js whmcs uses was also edited with the correct path to the icons (iconsPath : '../includes/jscript/css/images/editoricons.gif',) and they also seem to have added a function in the bottom insertMergeField(value).

im gonna see if i can do something with the admin page hooks to kill the editor and load another copy of tinymce, gonna have to wait though, I'm on holiday after the weekend until the week after.

That would be fab. Have just found this thread after updating our email templates for the first time since the 5.1.2 upgrade and the new text editor is bloody awful! Span elements all over the place ..the html is basically a mess. Would be great to have an alternative!

• 1 month later...