How to moving WHMCS to sub domain

zuma

Helo,

I want to know how can i move my WHMCS from my directory to subdomain, from myhost.com/client to client.myhost.com. I already installed and set all configuration and have some client in myhost.com/client

what setting/configuration should i change after i move from directory to subdomain

thanks..

Edited by zuma

The above URL is more about moving WHMCS to another server. Moving WHMCS into a subdomain in the same overall site file area shouldn't be much work. You need to basically:

1. Move the WHMCS files into the new location, or set the subdomain path to the subdirectory already containing the WHMCMS files.

2. Reissue your license at whmcs.com so it will pick up the new location.

3. Access the admin area and change the URLs in Setup -> General Settings.

4. Check configuration.php and update any paths that might need updated if you use $templates_compiledir, $attachments_dir, $downloads_dir (though if you do you probably are pointing to paths outside of the web root that won't be affected by the WHMCS move.)

5. If you have any hardcoded links in your WHMCS theme (you shouldn't but you never know) update them with the new URLs. (Or better, make them properly relative.)

6. If you have clients with paypal subscriptions, the IPN notification URL is fixed in the subscription, so create a mod_rewrite rule to make sure the IPNs post to the new location:

RewriteRule ^modules/gateways/callback/paypal.php$ https:///client.myhost.com/gateways/callback/paypal.php [L,NC]

(Put this rule in the .htaccess file in the original WHMCS location, not the new location.)

I think that's about it. We did this about a month ago and to my recollection those are the only things we had to do.

Edited by Troy

i already reissue my whmcs license, moving all my file from subdirectory to new sub domain, but i got error like this:

Permissions Error

The templates compiling directory '/home/mywebsite/public_html/billing/templates_c/' must be writeable (CHMOD 777) before you can continue.

If the path shown is incorrect, you can update it in the configuration.php file.

i cant find templates_c in all my home directory, where is this file/directory hiden?

The above URL is more about moving WHMCS to another server. Moving WHMCS into a subdomain in the same overall site file area shouldn't be much work. You need to basically:

1. Move the WHMCS files into the new location, or set the subdomain path to the subdirectory already containing the WHMCMS files.

2. Reissue your license at whmcs.com so it will pick up the new location.

3. Access the admin area and change the URLs in Setup -> General Settings.

4. Check configuration.php and update any paths that might need updated if you use $templates_compiledir, $attachments_dir, $downloads_dir (though if you do you probably are pointing to paths outside of the web root that won't be affected by the WHMCS move.)

5. If you have any hardcoded links in your WHMCS theme (you shouldn't but you never know) update them with the new URLs. (Or better, make them properly relative.)

I think that's about it. We did this about a month ago and to my recollection those are the only things we had to do.

I already did all your sugestion, i can access client page but all links in client page still pointing in my old WHMCS directory, also i cant access admin page, it also pointing in old WHMCS admin page

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 years later...