admin add new clients messes up ticket system tickets

i just manually added a client to my system, to later find out it had changed all of my tickets. YES ALL, EVEN CLOSED ONES to the new client.

i checked the db and confirmed it was true, all tickets had been assigned the newley created client id.

I've even found 1 ticket where had has changed the client id of the only response, so for that ticket i can't get the correct client without trawling through a db backup.

I've gone through and change the client id for my active tickets (luckily i only have 15 or so, and could get the clients name from the ticket replies).

i have absolutely no idea how this has happened, and i don't see how adding a new client even connects to the tickets table???

also on another note, i axidently clicked the change license link about an hour ago, and then i kept getting an error saying my license couldn't be verified for 10+ minutes.

came here to submit a ticket and your site was down, so it looks like your license server is still linked to your main site with no backup, not good in my opinion. all though it has since come back online and so has your site (obviously)