Prorata Billing Config

Iceman

I have a question (not in the Manual).

For Prorata Billing for a Product, what effect will this have...

Prorata Billing - Ticked

Prorata Date - 0

Charge Next Month - 0

compared to NOT ticking Prorata Billing

In other words...

What is the result of using the value of 0 as opposed to 1 ?

Cheers,

Paul

• WHMCS CEO

The difference... that would break it I expect! As there is no day zero in the month I'm not sure how that would be handled. Prorata Date needs to be between 1 and 28 to ensure the date exists in every month.

Matt

Really? It may be worth documenting that somewhere.

I incorrectly asssumed that any number >27 would work for ALL months.

Cheers,

Paul

Isn't it obvious? February has 28 days on majority of years...

I'd say most common config for this is prorate on 1st and charge next month after 15th or even the other way around.

Really? It may be worth documenting that somewhere.

I incorrectly asssumed that any number >27 would work for ALL months.

Cheers,

Paul

Isn't it obvious? February has 28 days on majority of years...

I'd say most common config for this is prorate on 1st and charge next month after 15th or even the other way around.

You missed my point.

Based on this new information it is impossible to do billing on the LAST day of EACH month. That is definitely not obvious. At the latest, billing can only be done on the 28th of all months.

Cheers,

Paul

• WHMCS CEO

Correct. If you set it 30th or 31st, in a month where that date doesn't exist it would move the 1st or 2nd. I have to agree with Jay, that does seem pretty obvious that if the date doesn't exist it's going to move it to a date that does.

Matt

Correct. If you set it 30th or 31st, in a month where that date doesn't exist it would move the 1st or 2nd. I have to agree with Jay, that does seem pretty obvious that if the date doesn't exist it's going to move it to a date that does.

Matt

Hi Matt,

Nope not all all. I thought you meant that it may SKIP the month if the date didnt exist. But from what you have stated it's not really a problem as it would simply delay it a little. So that's cool then.

Bugs do occur from time to time with WHMC. I've learnt to assume nothing, and check everything. ;)

Paul

I raised this several months ago :)

The "problem" with it just moving the date onto the 1st of the next month, is that the next-due date then remains on the 1st of the month for subsequent calculations.

The "ideal" would be to have/accept -1 to mean end of the month, and a "fixed day" option where you can specify which date of the month to revert to :D

• 7 months later...