Boxcar Module

growe

Boxcar is a great tool for people to get instant notifications. Many people currently use it. It would be awesome if there was a WHMCS module that would integrate with Boxcar. Details for anyone interested can be found at http://boxcar.io/help/api/providers

Since Boxcar is free. It would only make sense that this module be free as well. If I find the time, I will code it but in the meantime, if someone else wants a project to fill their time, go ahead... just please reply so I know you are doing it... that way I won't duplicate your efforts. "If" I find the time to code it, I will reply here also so you know.

• 1 month later...

I was just thinking of this. It seems like most of the notifications that would need to be broadcasted would be admin related but I could see also that customers could get their boxcar messages of like specials and whatnot.

Ok just typing this out I can see that there could potentially be a use for this that could generate more revenue.

It is on my if time to do list now too...

• 2 months later...

I have just written an addon that is hook based and uses the free Boxcar utility to send push notifications to iPhones, iPods and iPads. BlackBerry and Android will soon be supported as Boxcar is adding that functionality soon. This module will not need updating for BlackBerry and Android as Boxcar will handle the support of those devices. You can create any custom hooks you want. My installation sends notices to clients such as... new invoices notifications and account info such as suspensions. Admins also get notifications of suspensions etc. Again... as long as you know how to create a WHMCS hook, you are all set to send whatever notifications you want. The fine folks at WHMCS have lots of documentation on how to create hooks and it is not rocket science. I will supply a sample set of hooks to start you off though.

It will be released within the next couple days.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...