Make a domain appear free for a product/service during checkout

I would like to have a free domain for sme packages. I know about the option "Free Domain" in the product configuration page.

However, even if I configure this option and when I add a package, and afterwards am forwarded to the domain selection page, the price of the domain is shown as if I would buy a single domain, which is not free.

Is there an option in whmcs that allows me to differentiate between buying a single domain (displaying the price of buying a single domain) and buying a domain for a package that includes a free domain (displaying a price of 0)?

I know that on the order summary page the domain is listed with a price of 0, however I'd prefer the customer to know before getting there that the domain is actually free.

If there is no such possibility built in, any thought on how this can be more or less easily be customized?

It shows pricing during the order process, but I think you'll find that the domain is credited back when they view their cart and go through the final checkout.

Different order forms do better / worse job of displaying this, so you may want to tinker with which form you are using.

Setup your product as normal

In the Free Domain tab, select the None option, the customer then pays for the Domain Name

Now, to offer a free (included) Domain Name

Set a product exactly the same as above

In the Free Domain tab, select either of the offer options

• 2 months later...

@ m8internet

this is what exactly not works. to lets display the tld`s in the frontend whois, you need to give them a price in the backend. but if you give them a price, they are displaying with the prices in the order process. think this is is very confusing for clients.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...