Admin Summary Support Tickets Overview

Hello,

Recently I upgraded my installation to v5, pretty slick so far, I might add. One question though, the support tickets overview on the dashboard seems to list tickets from the billing department dated from oldest to newest. Is there a way to sort what appears? Obviously the priority would be new active tickets, maybe open, maybe customer-reply, etc.

Anybody got the inside scoop on this one? Maybe I'm overlooking something silly.

Thanks!

By default, it only shows the Open tickets (ie a ticket with no reply)

However, they should be in age order, newest at top, oldest at bottom

I can't check any further, at the moment, as I tend to deal with Open tickets as soon as I am notified, so the majority of the time it is empty

I spend more time clicking on the links to Customer Replies and Active

Yes, I need to adjust the default somehow. Is there any type of sort? I see a billing ticket that is over 250 days old at the top of my summary. :/ Obviously that isn't much help. Open/Reply/Active certainly would be a better scenario.

I see a billing ticket that is over 250 days old at the top of my summary

That's way too old to be Open or Active

It should really have Customer Reply or Closed status by now

I give customers 30 days to add a reply, if they don't I go to the ticket and change its status to Closed (or if I need it to remain open, Customer Reply)

That removes it

I have a quite a few old tickets, but if a customer can't be bothered responding, then it is pretty much dead / inactive

Yes, those tickets are closed. That's a part of the problem. Tickets automatically close after 72 hours without a response. I want to see the new open or customer reply tickets at the top as you suggest. Hence, why I started this thread.

I dont know if this is what you are looking for.

admin > setup > general > support > Ticket Reply List Order

Just tested it and nope

Just a quick thought on this.

Surely oldest tickets should be prioritised, first come first served and all that, besides, i would be annoyed if i knew i was being seen to after new tickets.

Edited by disgruntled

I have now confirmed the list you see is from the Flagged status

I don't even use this status

It looks like this was applied in the update from v5.2 to v5.3 as this was working prior to this

I assume this is the status given to a new support ticket, until you read it

I wasn't aware of a v5.2 or v5.3. I am currently using v5.0.3. Perhaps that is what you mean. And yes, I do see that those tickets are flagged. So at least we are on the same page here.

There should be a zero in there, and read v5.0.2 and v5.0.3

I only briefly used v5.0.2 and it was working exactly as I expected, so upgraded to v5.0.3, but a few things didn't work correctly thereafter, and this is one of them

I really don't understand why there is a link / option for Flagged, when you go to any ticket, the option does NOT appear in the dropdown menu

I therefore assume Flagged means an unviewed / unread ticket, and "Unread" makes more sense