Broke WHMCS after server OS Reinstall

dataferret

Hi all

We had to do a complete OS reinstall on the server and once everything was restored WHMCS has not behaved properly. People cannot sign up for accounts, admin login page is blank domain search behaves erratically and generally things are broken. The admin cron jobs for invoicing are running but I cannot access admin at all so I cannot respond to suppport ticket requests.

Can anyone suggest what could be wrong? I don't want to have to rebuilld WHMCS from scratch again.

I have not done the upgrade yet. Please PM me if you require further tech info - I will not post them in a public forum.

Thanks

Is CURL still installed on your server? My guess for the admin area issue would be that it is not.

Hi Matt

I created a phpinfo file and it seems curl is not installed. I have never done it before so never thought to check. Once I have found a decent tutorial for installing Curl, I will post and let you know if WHMCS works again.

Hi Matt

I recompiled Apache with CURL and this allowed me to log into admin. But now the links within admin do not work properly. If I click Suspended Accounts it takes me to all accounts. If I click a particular user it takes me to the first user beginning with A. What else could be wrong?

Jim

Register globals - V3.1.2 requires them to be enabled for it work.

Matt

I thought Register Globals is no longer needed for V3.1.* :?

Hey,

You got your numbers mixed up,

v3.2+ does not require them.

From,

Adam

I also thought Register Globals was not needed for 3.2.

I enabled it in php.ini and now the cart works, admin links work but the front page of admin (Home page) is blank. I have a top menu bar and a lft menu bar but nothing in the middle

The licence information is also missing.

What on earth is wrong now?

** Edit - I Fixed it. The problem was a bad Apache/PHP setup. I rolled it back and enabled register_globals in php.ini and it seems to be working ok ***

Time for that upgrade I think