Paypal Subscription Payments Not Posting to Invoice

Today, a customer's monthly Paypal subscription processed but it did not post to the pending invoice as it should have. This is the second month in a row. In both cases, I had to manually post the payment to clear the invoice. This is my only customer with a Paypal subscription. I have checked and all settings seem to be correct.

When PayPal sends a subscription payment it uses your primary PayPal email address. If that email address isn't the one list under the Payment Gateway "PayPal Email" setting in WHMCS then it could cause the payment not to post.

Also, if you look under Billing->Gateway Log and filter by PayPal there may be a clue in the debug data as to why it didn't post.

When PayPal sends a subscription payment it uses your primary PayPal email address. If that email address isn't the one list under the Payment Gateway "PayPal Email" setting in WHMCS then it could cause the payment not to post.

Also, if you look under Billing->Gateway Log and filter by PayPal there may be a clue in the debug data as to why it didn't post.

All the gateway settings are correct and match exactly what is configured in Paypal, to include the IPN return address.

The last entry in the Gateway Log was for May 14. This occurred on June 2. There also is no entry for the May 2 transaction that also did not clear its invoice.

Added at 8:00pm EDT: I also note that, up until I installed v5.0.3, this worked without fail. However, I am not convinced that 5.0.3 is the blame as I also relocated my installation to a new server after being hacked about the same time. So it may be nothing more than something I missed in the configuration but I cannot figure out what it would be. I have checked everything I can think of doing.

Edited by BobC

Ok, I noticed this years ago, 2 issues we identified.

1. If your whmcs installation has moved, ie, the url has changed, any paypal subscription created prior to the change, will still try to IPN notify the OLD whmcs url, and obviously fail.

In these cases, the subscription needs to be deleted and created again, which will make it use the new IPN url.

2. Under a clients Products and Services, each product has a Subscription ID.

Ensure this matches the paypal subscription id.

Ok, I noticed this years ago, 2 issues we identified.

1. If your whmcs installation has moved, ie, the url has changed, any paypal subscription created prior to the change, will still try to IPN notify the OLD whmcs url, and obviously fail.

In these cases, the subscription needs to be deleted and created again, which will make it use the new IPN url.

This actually makes sense in a roundbout fashion, rather than making a join to check the location of the callback file, which costs more in resources paypal just replicate the data, a total of 255 bytes per replication, in the long run space will always be more cost effective to use than memory, a join takes up more resources than a simple lookup for one row, but i do think that they should update the IPN of all your subscriptions when you update your callback. that makes sense to me. besides, it takes more resourse to repeat the ipn upto 9 times for each subscription. just update it once

Somebody wanna head over to paypal and bitch em out? lol

Edited by disgruntled