Just Updated... Pages not loading

taikuninc

I just updated from 4.4.x to the current stable version, and no text or anything is loading on my pages! I deleted the install folder because I was prompted to do that, but when I tried to get to the login page... there was nothing on the page, it was just white. I went to another browser thinking it was a cache issue and I was able to login, but there was no prompt to accept ToS or anything else and the pages are blank. The client pages are all just pure white etc. Error code is: Fatal error: Call to undefined function getValidLanguages() in public_html/whmcs/includes/clientareafunctions.php on line 0

Edited by taikuninc

I would recommend reuploading everything again to your WHMCS directory, it seems to be acting like there is a file missing or corrupted.

You can change your default theme in the WHMCS Admin Area under Setup->General, then choose a new template in the template dropdown box.

You can change the template in the url, .e.g

index.php?systpl=portal

However, your issue doesn't seem to be template related. If you have a backup of your previously installation you can try rolling back to the old version and trying the upgrade process again in case you missed a step.

I know I didn't miss a step. With that said, I deleted all my whmcs files and tried again and apparently the whole download is messed up. For example, when I went to install, the link was looking for the install folder to be inside the admin folder not outside it. Now I'm getting other errors. How do I roll back?

Well, I managed to roll it back (sort of) and the admin area is working and everything, but there is NO client area. The whole client area is broken and not working. There's no text, I can see the icons but no words, and the language is stuck on Portuguese

• 2 weeks later...
Well, I managed to roll it back (sort of) and the admin area is working and everything, but there is NO client area. The whole client area is broken and not working. There's no text, I can see the icons but no words, and the language is stuck on Portuguese

If you can see the language in your admin area, (and cant change it there) find out its id, log onto your database and go into tblconfiguration.

when you click browse there should be about 190 ish results, i had over 300 for some reason the entries duplicated. here i had to manually, and VERY carefully, eliminate all duplicates.

While you are there you can set the language to your chosen one.

Also note, version 5 uses php files for the languages now, instead it txt. check the permissions on those files are correct.

Another thing, if you have made changes to your language files (.txt) they wont reflect in the new files. I was using the language files to add in custom meta keyword and description for search engines my upgrade broke this.

Edited by disgruntled