Quantum Vault Migration | Failed Adding to Vault & Missing Customer ID

davet

I migrated my Quantum Gateway to Quantum Vault using the script at http://docs.whmcs.com/Quantum_Gateway#Quantum_Vault_Service

During the process it failed to add all customer IDs.

Here's a portion from the results:

=================================

User ID 8 Submitted to Vault Successfully

User ID 12 Failed Adding to Vault

User ID 16 Submitted to Vault Successfully

User ID 18 Submitted to Vault Successfully

User ID 19 Submitted to Vault Successfully

User ID 122 Submitted to Vault Successfully

User ID 127 Submitted to Vault Successfully

User ID 143 Failed Adding to Vault

User ID 146 Submitted to Vault Successfully

User ID 147 Submitted to Vault Successfully

User ID 149 Submitted to Vault Successfully

User ID 152 Failed Adding to Vault

User ID 153 Submitted to Vault Successfully

User ID 155 Failed Adding to Vault

User ID 156 Submitted to Vault Successfully

User ID 157 Submitted to Vault Successfully

User ID 160 Submitted to Vault Successfully

User ID 161 Failed Adding to Vault

User ID 164 Failed Adding to Vault

User ID 167 Submitted to Vault Successfully

User ID 169 Submitted to Vault Successfully

User ID 170 Submitted to Vault Successfully

User ID 171 Submitted to Vault Successfully

User ID 172 Submitted to Vault Successfully

User ID 173 Submitted to Vault Successfully

User ID 176 Submitted to Vault Successfully

User ID 181 Submitted to Vault Successfully

User ID 182 Submitted to Vault Successfully

User ID 194 Submitted to Vault Successfully

User ID 195 Submitted to Vault Successfully

User ID 196 Submitted to Vault Successfully

User ID 198 Submitted to Vault Successfully

User ID 205 Submitted to Vault Successfully

User ID 210 Failed Adding to Vault

User ID 212 Failed Adding to Vault

User ID 213 Failed Adding to Vault

User ID 219 Failed Adding to Vault

User ID 220 Failed Adding to Vault

=================================

I notice with the ones that failed, customers cannot update or add a card on file.

When they go to WHMCS > Billing > Manage Credit Card > it returns the error "Missing Customer ID"

I tried to add the customer to Quantum Vault manually, by logging into my quantum account, but it requires that I know their credit card details.

Why are there a lot of users that failed the migration and how do I get them added?

Should I just try running the migration scripts again?

Go to Billing > Gateway Log and it will show you the reason why they are failing.

I do recall when I first ran the script, all failed too. I changed the following in my Quantum account so they contain only numbers and letters, no special characters

API Username

RestrictKey

Vault Key

I was then able to import but some failed... due to expired credit cards.

I have a ticket opened with WHMCS but it's been 2 days and still no response to the other problem I have discovered with Quantum Vault. The other problem is if customers who do not have a card (or had an expired card in WHMCS before the migration) cannot update their card on file under Billing > Manage Credit Card. It shows a "Missing ID" error.

The reason is, there is not a Quantum Vault account created for that custoemr yet. Since there was no card on file (or an expired card) the migration script did not create a quantum vault account for the customer since it does require a valid cc to be in WHMCS.

WHMCS told me that customers just need to pay their most current invoice and it will create the quantum vault account for them.

This doesn’t help since it confuses those customers that just want to update their card on file. I've already had a few support tickets from customers about the issue.

Here's my latest response to the ticket with WHMCS:

==================================

So the ones that are failing seem to be because of an expired card so they won't be imported into Quantum Vault, correct?

Also can I please get an answer for the following?

I understand customers can just pay an open invoice but it would be nice to also give them ability to add a card on file under Manage Credit Card instead of showing the "Missing ID" error. The Missing ID errors is just going to cause my customers to open a support ticket with us

I don't see this being too hard to add... I mean the migration script already handles account creation in Quantum Vault... unfortunately I'm not a programmer so don't know what I would need to do to support this.

Is there anything I can do to edit the Quantum Vault Module (or whatever files take care of the Manage Credit Card) so they can add a card on file... which will create the Quantum vault customer.

This would be very helpful since the current way confuses customers.

Also in Ticket #204338 Matt said I could use the following to remove all credit cards.

> UPDATE tblclients SET cardtype='',cardlastfour='',cardnum='x',expdate='y';

I'm pretty sure this command will remove any cards on file but will it affect anything related to Quantum Vault cards on file?

Also what MySQL query can I use to search or view all credit cards that are still in the database? I understand they will be encrypted, I just want to see what command I can use to view any evidence that might still be there.

I'd like to make sure 100% I have no credit card info stored on our servers.

==================================