Importing Orders

Hi

I was using a custom billing software and now want to import my existing customers and orders into WHMCS. All my customers have existing recurring billing. I am using APIs to import data given at http://docs.whmcs.com/API:Functions.

I have successfully imported my clients. No problem in that.

The issue is with orders. Since all my customers have different recurring billing dates if I import orders today, the recurring billing date will be set today for all my orders. Which will not be fine.

The other option I see is to import billable Items where I can specify next recurring date. But I am not sure if this is what I have to import my orders in or what?

So far what I have concluded is import clients and billable items only. Don't import orders and invoices. I want your confirmation if my strategy is fine or not. Please make any corrections.

Zulqarnain