Slow Support

patrick2012

No one asked, implied or demanded 24\7.

The attitude from some around here is silly. 48 hours is a very long time for a successful business to go without their paid for, premium support when it comes to billing software issues. Now normally billing software (retail) this isn't an issue as it's not the backbone to your business.

WHMCS becomes the backbone as it runs the show and when the backbone to your system becomes inaccessible it's an issue. Too much ignorance around here when others tend to assume it's an upgrade issue and how they are "smart" to wait it out before upgrading". Who cares? If you pride yourself of WHMCS so much, then you should trust their beta testing and their willingness to release a version publicly.

If you have a retail business, the software indeed is as important to running the business as whmcs is to a hosting business. You can't sell anything if the computer isn't running.

I think the ignorance is more on your part. It's not that I don't trust the beta testing, it's that I know they nor anyone else can't test for every possible combination of hardware/software/etc nor do I expect them to test every single thing in the software for each upgrade. Upgrades can have unexpected results, QC and testing need to be limited or there will be large delays on delivery.

Once the upgrade is released, there will be a lot larger base using the software and more likely to find bugs that weren't caught in the QC process. That's a fact of life that all software vendors face.

Don't go blaming WHMCS customers for this. If it's good enough for WHMCS to release, it's good enough to use. Otherwise don't release it. Theres ZERO excuse to blame a customer for jumping on it too early. We invest in to the software, quiet literally if we purchase an owned license. We put our trust in it's brand.

I didn't blame the WHMCS customers. I just stated that I waited because I know there are going to be bugs, I've seen it from past experience from WHMCS and other software that I've purchased. I do depend on a working version of WHMCS, it's critical to my business, so critical in fact, that I do wait for at least a month after an update occurs. Waiting also has the benefit of not having to apply any bug releases, I can just upgrade in one shot.

I also normally pay WHMCS to perform the major upgrades. It's worth it in both the time savings on my part and if there is a problem, they are there to work it out without having me to request any help or support.

When I do any upgrades myself, I have my backups, as recommended, so everything can be restored back to it's working condition if something does go wrong.

For me, 24 to 48 hours is fine Mon-Fri. You're right, my business is critical and I take the appropriate measures to ensure my business stays online. I'm not going to gamble my business with a freshly released whmcs update just like I wouldn't gamble with the very latest cPanel update, php update, etc. I have a plan in place in case something goes bad.

I never said nor implied that my hosting customers shouldn't receive quicker response times that what I expect from WHMCS. Your comparing apples and oranges there.